Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Footplates for an NEQ6

Photosbykev

It only took a couple of hours to machine up the aluminium sockets and weld them onto the baseplates so even if they don't work it's no big deal.

If they do work then I should be able to remove the mount when I like and refit it without losing any alignment.

They look to me like they will do the job well. The surface area of the plate should prevent the legs digging down. Also as you say once you have set the plates up you should be able to move the tripod and then set it up again maintaining a good alignment. Top job in my view

How about adding a spike at the centre underneath, so they just push into the ground ?

I did think about that but using the tent pegs to anchor them allows me to move the tripod and plates around until I'm happy with the setup and then lock the plates in position.

Archived