Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Revelation 15x70's & tripod - right ones?

MrsR

My 15x70's are on a s/h ordinary ballhead photography tripod. But I also acquired a s/h fine tuning head which allows you to track them manually in alt/az. The tripod was £23 from Jessops and the fine tuning head s/h from for sale section for £18. Perfect solution :glasses1:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the triton head and it's superb.

It does look well made and several members have recommended them. Also it's much cheaper than the Manfrotto equivelant. Can't wait to get mine.

I have also seen this tripod Binoculars UK Ltd. Camlink TP PRO Tripods It's the TPPRO32B at the bottom of the page. This extends to over 200cm and is less than £80! Looks well made and substanial too. I might still get one of these and use the Horizon for a camera.

The ballhead I will be getting Triton Panhead, Ballhead Action Grip for tripod on eBay (end time 20-Mar-11 12:02:50 GMT)

Yes, I have that Camlink Tripod..... being 6' 4" I needed all the height I could get which is why I went for it over the Horizon 8115. But looking at that picture of the Horizon, I'd say they're selling it short when they state 1.8m full height. It looks higher than that.

The Camlink is probably slightly taller fully extended and I don't think the central column is as long. It's not geared like the horizon though. The Camlink is very sturdy at full height and is just right for me to look up at the zenith. It also comes with a decent carry bag. If I was buying again I'd probably still plump for the Camlink, purely for the extra height. Next time I get it set up I'll take a piccy and post it up. They do look like a very similar construction to be fair.

Yes, I have that Camlink Tripod..... being 6' 4" I needed all the height I could get which is why I went for it over the Horizon 8115. But looking at that picture of the Horizon, I'd say they're selling it short when they state 1.8m full height. It looks higher than that.

The Camlink is probably slightly taller fully extended and I don't think the central column is as long. It's not geared like the horizon though. The Camlink is very sturdy at full height and is just right for me to look up at the zenith. It also comes with a decent carry bag. If I was buying again I'd probably still plump for the Camlink, purely for the extra height. Next time I get it set up I'll take a piccy and post it up. They do look like a very similar construction to be fair.

A picture would be good so I can get an idea of it's size. It'll probably be a bit sturdier than the Horizon cos you won't have to extend the centre column as far. Not that the Horizon isn't sturdy cos it sure is. In fact it's pretty solid. I might even take a quick measurement to see how tall it actually is. But I know 180cm is 5'10'' and I'm almost 6'2'' and it's way above my head. Although as I say the bino adaptor probably adds a couple of inch.

WOW indeed. That is definitely taller than the Horizon. That will be my next purchase. It was going to be my first choice but I spotted the Horizon on the for sale section and couldn't let it pass by at £50.

Is your height anything to do with those Happy Meals?!? hehe :glasses1:

Archived