SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 6960 WITCHES BROOM

CELESCOPE

Well one i done a little while ago , with nothing to do i re-processed it using Maxim DDP and found it bought more detail out, and also used some colour data i had as well , so worthwhile spending some time on it , cant remember the subs , but would have been my usual i guess 60 secs subs , processed in Maxim and Photoshop

Rog

:D

image.jpg

the image below i have done a 2 pixel fade in photoshop, this is something new i have tried, it tends to lower the star brightness but has enhanced the main nebula and the outer nebulosity as well , what do you think .

Rog

image.jpg

No Caz , but i do have a darn good printer now , i have printed off a few moon and nebula shots , they are on my wall in the observatory ,very pleased with the results so far , the old epson printer i had was carp , the colours never seemed to be the same as the puter ones , but this HP one is the dog ***

Rog

Rog - we got an all in one jobbie that is great for general use but the piccie prints are pretty standard. Looking to get somethin nicer in the spring but like to buy stuff that has been 'recommended'. Will investigate the 5160 - cheers :D

Really like the pic Rog 8)

Sorry i missed Martins question , well rather a long story Martin should know what i mean , its the process i go through in making stars smaller and more pin point , it all done in PS, where normally the filter setting in the reduction of star sizes is set to i pixel , i tried doing it using two pixels , then using the fade , which is controlled by the slider bar , i normally set this to around 75%.,as i stated , it does make the stars a lot smaller still , however they can be slight;ly brightened again by, by tweaking the contast just a small bit , i did do a tutorial a while back on this , have to go shearching for it and bring it back for anyone wishing to use it ,

:D

here it is

http://stargazerslounge.co.uk/index.php?topic=5636.0

Archived