SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Taken the plunge......gulp!!!

After a couple of months of research with this forum being the biggest factor I've finally taken the plunge.

Just as with choosing my last car it was very difficult but it kept coming back round to the Skywatcher Explorer 200 with HEQ5 mount.

Also got a moon filter, neodynium filter and the T piece for using my DSLR.

Ordered from Auntie FLO today so I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks everyone for the input. :p

P.S. I'm sure I've seen pics of the unit with people in for scale....Captain Chaos perhaps? I can't seem to find them though.

Can anyone post such an image so my wife knows what to expect :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The frustration starts here :D Seriously, you've chosen very well. Be ready for things not going as smoothly as you expect, like waiting 3 weeks for the clouds to clear then not being able find an alignment star, then it not aligning properly cos the dates been put in wrong, then finally getting sorted and the clouds come back, then sorting it again but kicking the lead out of your power pack. It will all be worth it in the end!!!

Yes, indeedy, lovely scope, it won't disappoint!!

As for the scale of it, pictures won't help, put it this way, I had to take the front door off just to get the boxes in the house... :p

Blimey, I must update my pic in that 'members and their equipment' thread... :D Fashion faux pa :p

Caz

Blimey, I must update my pic in that 'members and their equipment' thread... :p Fashion faux pa :D

Caz

OK OK lets not go there again :blob5::blob8:

Whatever could you mean? :p

I have to admit that photo has just made me smile when I scrolled past it.

Thanks guys.... I think I'm realistic with what to expect regarding what I see. I'm also realistic about the weather...grrrrrr!!!

My wife once had a view of saturn through a mates refractor....her exact words were " we need to get a telescope".

However a one bed first floor flat in Putney did not allow that!!!!!

Anyway, I'll show her the pic and see what she says...luckily her brother has a 10" Dobsonian so she may take it in her stride!!!!!

Thanks again folks and thanks for the link Cpt.Chaos.

...........so my wife knows what to expect :p

Don't worry Ben, she'll be fine.....

......until she sees the second large box coming out of the van. :p:blob8:

Seriously though, you made a good choice with that scope - you'll really enjoy it. :D

Andy.

.......until she sees the second large box coming out of the van. :D:p

LOL....I've read so many testimonies of utter shock at the sheer size of the items when packed I've been "steeling" myself for ridicule from the wife.

However I will point out that I could have made do with just six inches but as she says it is good to have an extra couple of inches..........aperature that is. :p

Archived