Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Not a total disaster after all

Despite the small amount of data, and the lack of flats, and the local light pollution, and leaving the focussing mask on while taking the lights (see http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/129853-if-only-clouds.html) I am not too disappointed with the result. At least I can recognize the two objects I was imaging.

Wonder if I might have over-processed it somewhat resulting in the 'speckled' background. On all my previous posted pics, I have always got rid of the background by using the 'black eye-dropper' quick fix, but by the time I had finished levels-curves-levels-curves-levels-curves-levels-curves, I found that the b.e.d. technique meant I lost M97 completely and most of the outer parts of M108 as well.

Anyway, considering it is 23 x 20-second subs, I think it could have been a lot worse. However, do feel free to tell me everything that is wrong with it (as long as you include how to improve things next time:))

Thanks for looking.

Archived