Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First of M42

Caz

Once again, struggled with the tracking, 10 secs before tracking went awol.... Its no walk in the park is it this imaging, so I sing the praises of those who produce masterpieces... 8)

Taken with the Canon and frac with Light Poll Filter...

image.jpg

Caz

Own up, bet you had a grin when that colour popped up on the screen 8) :blob8:

Horse head nebula next Caz? :p

Well I'm not going to lie, there was a certain amount of jubilation. :D Twas a good feeling, exciting times ahead!!

Tbh, I did point the scope in the direction of the horsey, and press the button, but suprise suprise, nothing there... :p

Ooooh! Suits you dear.

:laughing6:

Another milestone passed and another DSO image done. TBH you'd be better off with the reflector on M42 as the scale would be better, you should be able to frame M42 and the running man in one image if you're lucky, and at f/5 the exposure times will be the same.

I was in my mood of, can't be bothered with the hassle of the 8" tonight' so I opted for the frac. Newt the next time!

and another well done Caz , at last we have you doing DSOs , and a pretty good start may i say , yes ok once again i say polar align, spend some time on this , its the making of a good start for this type of imaging , great stuff though Caz

Rog

The importance of polar alignment certainly shows itself when imaging doesn't it, its just another thing to learn, along with the million and one other things.

Thanks everyone for your generous comments, always appreciated!! 8)

Caz

Hey hey! Spotted this a bit late, sorry about that. Welcome to the DSO club Caz, a pretty dubious place to be. You are right to be satisfied with that one Caz, it's a great start. Fantastic feeling when these images pop up on the chip isn't it. Addictive infact - and expensive :D

The helios makes a lot of sense for starters, pretty forgiving on the tracking with it's short focal length and easier on the mount.

What's next then?

Thanks folks for your comments!

I'm going to have to show a certain amount of restraint where spending is concerned, the financial side of astronomy scares the hell out of me :? >note to myself< Stop window shopping :D

As for the next target, there isn't one, not until I'm happy with my achievements on the M42 with the equipment I have, that may take some time!!

Caz :p

Archived