SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

who has what REFRACTOR, REFLECTOR OR BOTH

spaceboy

Hi All. Please add an SCT and a frac to the list. LX90 and ED100R. Has a OO 10 in reflector previously. I've really enjoyed this thread. Mainly due to photos of peoples set ups. Why do I love looking at nice pictures.

John

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REFRACTOR...................100

SCT.............................26

MAK.............................18

REFLECTOR....................53

MAK-NEWT....................5

RC................................1+1 As I would consider the Klestov a similar design.

This is a revision as well as an update. Please if you don't mind can you put what designs you have as well as the description. The scores are becoming ever so slightly inaccurate due to my lack of knowledge when people only post model numbers. Thanks

OVERALL SCORES ON THE DOORS:

Refractors: 100

Reflectors: 55 (Newt+RC)

Catadioptrics: 49

80mm frac

120mm frac

10" Reflector

Best of both worlds :hello2:... but if I was forced to make a choice it would be a reflector

Matt

Mine would be my Celestron Omni XLT 120 refractor. Someday I may yet upgrade to a Celestron C6-RGT refractor :hello2:

cough !

2 x refractor

1 x reflector

Surely there are three worlds in the telescope types ? :hello2:

Yep, I take your point. SCT's are amazing and a well deserved 3rd option, but the one I would want would require me to remortgage my house! lol

Matt

I have in usable condition a Meade 4501 and a couple of pairs of binos (10 x 25 and 10 x 50)

I also have the remains of two old and very small refractors, but both are badly damaged and probably beyond economical repair . Pity really but I will replace them one day perhaps.

Archived