SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cannot get QHY5 to work with PHD

Hi Guys

Since my hard drive crashed 3 days ago i am trying to load software for my QHY5 guidecamera on a different laptop.

Can some kind soul inform me as to what software i have to download for the QHY5 and which websites i should download from to enable me to start guiding again using PHD.

thanks

Graham

I must be doing something wrong because when in PHD after confirming "on camera" and selecting Ascomv5 in the camera icon

the camera box opens with QHY5v and there is not an option for QHY5 !!!

What am i doing wrong?

Also,the red light on the back of the QHY5 camera is never lit !!

help :)

Graham

I can only get my QHY5 to power up and be recognised in PHD if I plug it in via USB once PHD is ready to run. I have had occassions where I've not had power, and it seems to be the order in which I connect the leads to the PC.

What are you using for your guidescope John? I use my QHY5 as a guide camera with a 9x50 finderscope. If you use the same settings as I do but you're using a totally different scope to guide, then the settings will be useless for you. I had a go at sticking my QHY5 on my main scope and the settings and resulting graph was totaly different.

Archived