SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clear skies tonight in East Yorkshire!

Horus

Looks like there might be some clear skies on the east coast for a little longer, but there's a huge finger of cloud creeping in from the south west that's currently reached a line between Southampton and Wrexham or thereabouts. I was almost fooled by the sight of stars here when I went to put the chickens to bed ten minutes ago, but we're just under a thin break in the cloud at the moment and it's going to change very shortly (in fact, I could see the next band of very dark cloud just coming over the horizon when I looked). I was going to get the scope out, but I don't think it's going to be worth the effort.

Anyone know of a visual /IR satellite view that covers a bit more of the north and mid-Atlantic than sat24? Given that the prevailing winds here are from that direction it would be useful to be able to see a little more of what's heading our way.

James

Just come back in for a breather , it's cold and my backs hurting . The moon is very bright tonight .

One question I've been trying to Use my moon polarising filter but I have no idea where or how it fits ? I must be missing something . It's on you can darken and lighten

Been out for the past three hours, but now the clouds are building up and it's getting a bit hazy. After all the rain last night the seeing at the start was quite transparent for me here in Stevenage.

This was the second time out with the scope and I've spend some time trying to polar align.. it's not quite right, but the goto did manage to land spot on the Andromeda Galaxy following a two star alignment. Also tried some prime focus pictures of the moon with my DSLR... hope to upload them over the weekend.

Glad to hear we've had /got clear skies over most of the UK - Sorry to hear you're having to work Dazz,

How far out do you want to go? Unless stuffs moving really quickly the whole eutope view should be plenty...

Try here... you got the whole world... on your monitor...

AWC - International Satellite Imagery

Billy...

Lol.. open image as tab.. then a safari snip and now the image snipit (made it just UK) will update on my dashboard.. I'm hoping the side use the same address and update which will give me a 'live' feed :)

Now I just hit F12 for the current weather:

F12.jpg

Glad to hear we've had /got clear skies over most of the UK - Sorry to hear you're having to work Dazz,

Well ive got home, spent some time with the girlfriend finally got a chance to get outside and the blumming cloud has rolled in. Not impressed at all. :) apparently Tuesday is supposed to be better. We will see...

Hope everyone had better viewing than me.

Dazz

Archived