Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

skywatcher explorer 150p

It is a good starter scope that will keep you going for a while. Its pretty easy to store too, but all depends on what space you have.

Many people use that scope and are happy with it. I cant be a proper judge of it as I don't own one. It was one on my list but I went for the 200P as I had the space to store and the extra cash.

Hope it helps

I bought some of eyepiece caps from FLO yesterday morning and got them this morning - that's how good they are.

I own the 150PL and I'm happy with it. there is a focal length thing (beginner term) concerning the two, the 150P has lower magnification with the same eyepiece but the image is a lot brighter so you can see nebulae and messiers better. Obviously the other way round is that the 150PL has higher magnification but slightly dimmer images which make faint fuzzies a little harder.

I have a 150P, very very pleased for what i want, not too big and very capable, lot of bang for the bucks. FLO I can recommend, friendly, quick, good price. etc. Good on the phone, lots of advice. For the planets you will use the 10mm plus 2x. These give very good eye viewing, don't get me wrong, perfectly good but you may want to gete a half decent contrasty 5mm to really bring the details out if viewing condition let you. The mirror will take it. Tom

than you guys for the advice!! i will definately go to flo!! i will buy the 150 p, on an eq3-2 deluxe mount, thats what i can afford. hope its still good tho!!!

You can do the maths, though, mate. the tube on it's own will be £145 so the mount is costing you £95 when you buy the package. if in a year you want a new mount for the tube then you can actually sell it for about that and someone will buy it so it's not a real cost.

No probs, I was going to get a PL, but out of stock, glad I got the P, the PLs nearly 4ft long. P seems to cope with the mag needed for the planets and nice and wide and bright for fainter things. If I had the cash (and space!) I'd have a big long mak and a big reflector, on big goto mounts, but I don't. I don't even have a simple motor drive, just a wooden tripod, all hand guided. I am saving for a goto mount!

This though is a single frame, unprocessed, un cropped with the SW 150P, 10mm EP and the 2x on a canon dlsr, conditions were very good but it's what you can get on a budget with a little patience.

Jupiter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Tom

I found it easy. I made a laser colombmator myself but most of the time just use dust cap with a small hole in it to check. What seems to upset it is if you undo the rings and rotate the tube, other than that it stays set up well. Don't forget to let it cool if it's cold out side! And hope you get as much fun from it as I have. Tom

Archived