Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bins on their way!!!

matty79

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya, I can't tear myself away from these forums lol. I've not chosen a tripod yet no, although i have a spare cheapo tasco one that i think I will adapt and use. All I want is for it to take the weight off my arms really, i chose the bins because they are a cheap alternative until I have the cash for a scope so dont want to be spending too much. Typical tight wad northerner here lol.

Welcome to SGL.

I'm sure you'll love the bins. I do with mine. It still surprises me how much can be seen with them. I am also looking at the 200p(DS) when I'm sure I will stick with the cold nights etc.

Enjoy.

My thoughts exactly, one thing though, i'm short sighted am i correct in thinking the focusing of the binoculars will correct this?

Yep. You'll have no issues. I too am short sighted.

Well they are here and I must say I am impressed with the sturdiness and build quality. Unfortunately when viewing at any distance they are showing double images, using only 1 eye the focus is sharp but using 2 i get a ghost image, could this be a misalignment issue?

Well they are here and I must say I am impressed with the sturdiness and build quality. Unfortunately when viewing at any distance they are showing double images, using only 1 eye the focus is sharp but using 2 i get a ghost image, could this be a misalignment issue?

I bet you're gutted. It seems like there might be an alignment/collimation problem. Just contact the dealer you got them from and they should be able to sort out a replacement for you. Out of interest where did you get them from?

Yea i've been really excited since Saturday lol, they are from FLO and i cant fault their service. I've googled double vision problems and it does sound like a collimation issue, is there anything I can do to be absolutely sure before returning them?

Yea i've been really excited since Saturday lol, they are from FLO and i cant fault their service. I've googled double vision problems and it does sound like a collimation issue, is there anything I can do to be absolutely sure before returning them?

If they feel wrong then they probably are mate. There's nothing you can do really but I know FLO will have no issues in replacing them. I think they even arrange the courier to collect them. Excellent service.

At least you can take some satisfaction from the never ending cloud so you probably wouldn't have been able to look at much anyway. :)

Archived