Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bins on their way!!!

matty79

Hi all

This is my first post on here so just saying a quick hello to you all. Am a new sky watcher from Cheshire, UK. I've been reading these forums for weeks and weeks now and have eventually decided to buy a pair of Revelation 15x70 bins to start me off on the (expensive) road lol, hoping for a Skywatcher 200P in the next few months once I can find my way around the sky better.

Have i made a decent decision in these binoculars?

Matt

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Matt and welcome to SGL :)

Nothing wrong with the 15x70's - I have the Celestron equivalent and I can see no difference when using the Revs. You'll need a tripod though cos they're a spot weighty to hold for a long time. A s/h cheap camera tripod will be more than adequate. I also found a fine tuning head very useful ;)

That was my thinking, I feel its worthwhile just to see how much i enjoy standing in the cold night after night before splashing out hundreds of squids lol. I've been making do with an old pair of cheapo 10x50's and think i have seen a faint fuzz just under Orions Belt, would that have been possible or could it be due to one of the many scratches on the bins' lenses?

Am really looking forward to them coming, I know they arent a match compared to some of the equipment on here but will be better than anything i'm used to. I've got an old Tasco tripod given to me so will bodge a mount out of that.

Hi Matt and welcome to SGL. Have you thought about joining your local Astronomical Society? You get to have a peek through other peoples' kit before you buy and it's a great way of tapping into the local knowledge!

Archived