Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hyperion zoom mkII

Hi,

I have the Hyperion zoom MKII and been using it regularly for nearly a year. It has become more noticeable that there is a rattle when I shake it. Sounds like something is loose inside. Is this normal? I have not noticed any particular problems using it, except that when I compared the view with another eyepiece at the same focal length, the view is shifted to one side (can't remember if it is left or right).

Alan

Hi Alan

I have the Cele 8-24 zoom not the same but still a zoom and that does rattle very slightly when I shake it so I don’t know it may be just down to the construction of zooms as it does not effect it in any way

Kevin

My zoom, not the same one as yours, also has a slight rattle when shaken,

but works with no probs.

Can't explain the "shifted to one side" issue though.

Regards, Ed.

Edit : second thoughts here, and sorry if this is too simple, but if you

are using a non driven scope like the SW Dob in your sig, then when

changing eyepieces, the view will have shifted a bit, to one side.

I have the Mk2 and noticed a slight click when picking it up - a light jog of the ep revealed a rattle too, and I allways wondered what it was in case something inside was loose.

Has anyone ever had it to bits? My curiosity is fast consuming the hesitance to open it up lol :)

Archived