Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with dimensions of ADM guidescope mounting system

I've recently bought a Revelation 66mm apochromatic refractor (William Optics ZS66mm clone). I want to mount it piggy-backed on my Meade LX200 Classic in my roll-off roof observatory. It will replace the finderscope and will act as a widefield refractor/finderscope/guidescope/solar observing scope (with H alpha solar filter). It needs to relatively easily demountable as I also want to use it as a widefield refractor/guidescope/solar observing scope (with H alpha solar filter) on a dual bar with my Orion 80ED mounted on an HEQ5 Pro mount.

To fulfil all these functions I have concluded that it needs to be mounted in guidescope rings on a Vixen-type dovetail bar. The ADM guidescope and V mounting bar system looks ideal. However, I have one problem, the distance between the top of the telescope and the bottom of the observatory roof as it opens is only 135mm. Can anyone help me with some questions about the dimensions of the ADM mounting system?

1 - What is the height of the ADM V system mounting bar (Vixen/Skywatcher dovetail)?

2 - What is the internal diameter of the ADM 100 mm guidescope rings?

3 - What is the external diameter of the ADM 100 mm guidescope rings?

4 - What is the length of the tipped - bolts used in the ADM 100 mm guidecscope rings?

5 - What is the specification (diameter, thread) of the tipped- screws used in your 100 mm guidescope rings?

6 - What is the internal diameter of the ADM 90 mm guidescope rings?

7 - What is the external diameter of the ADM 90 mm guidescope rings?

Thanks

I use the ADM minirail system with the ADM 100mm (and 125mm) rings and clamps. This sits on top of my 12" Classic.

AFIAK this minirail section is not compatible with the dovetail pucks on the Losmandy/ Vixen.

Would info on the ADM minirail help you??

I use the ADM minirail system with the ADM 100mm (and 125mm) rings and clamps. This sits on top of my 12" Classic.

AFIAK this minirail section is not compatible with the dovetail pucks on the Losmandy/ Vixen.

Would info on the ADM minirail help you??

Thanks, info on the mini rail system would be useful.

I need the total height of the system from the bottom of the mini rail to the top of the 100mm ring and from the bottom of the mini rail to the top of the uppermost bolt when it is screwed in so that 14 mm of the bolt is showing on the inside of the 100mm ring.

Regards

OK

Measured from the top edge of the OTA to the top of the screw head is 185mm

This is the ADM minirail mounted on radius blocks to suit the 12" Lx; a set of 100mm ADM rings with the clamps to the minirail; and a ST80 tube sitting inside the 100mm rings.

Hope this helps,

I use the ADM guide scope rings and dovetail ADM Guidescope Rings and systems - ADM Vixen Style Dovetail Bar with Guidescope Rings

The overall height from bottom of dovetail plate to top of adjusting screw with an ST80 inside is 180mm

Thanks Martin

What is the height from bottom of dovetail plate to top of the ring?

Archived