Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

night_owl

New Comer

Hello to you all.

A chap was selling a scope on Ebay today and I asked a question on the Item, so after a few E-mails back and forth I was advised to look at this site, so I have decided to register and give it a try.

I retired in January of this year after some 40+ years of overseas contract work that has taken me to many remote parts of the world. I first became interested in stargazing some time ago when working in the Middle East and Central and Eastern Turkey (Dark skys where one can see the mass of the milky way with the naked eye) I carried a small scope at times, but it wasn't much good, but now feel that I would like to take it up as a lasting hobby.

I would like to ask my my first question! I need to build a shed/workshop with a (Part) sliding roof and have a few ideas in my head, but wounder if anyone has a tried and tested design?

I live in the Newcastle On-Tyne area

Kind and best regards

John S

hi and welcome john did try to convert my shed on the back but with no koy and now have a shed with no roof that a do not use

A warm welcome to you John.

Please enjoy your SGL experience, and the friendly atmosphere of this forum.:)

Ron.

A warm welcome John, enjoy the Lounge.

JohnH.

Hi John and welcome to SGL :)

Edited by Fija

Hi John and welcome. I guess you must have seen some very dark skies on our travel with work over the years.

Lots of people here have run off roof observatories so I am sure you will find some good advice here. Good luck with the construction when you get to it.