SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from somerset

wozza

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome's ,nice to see so many from somerset .I am in a village called Stogursey between the foot of the Quantock hills and Hinkley point power station .I would like to maybe try a few of your scopes maybe or you could give me a few pointers on where to go locally to try some ? i do like the idea of capturing images that i see but not too worried about them being magazine quality so thought maybe something like a sky watcher 130/150 with a usb connection so the whole family can get invoved ?

look forward to some good banter

wozza

Hi Wozza, and welcome to SGL.

I'm a newbie too, but there is a ton of useful advice on here and everyone is dead friendly.

The choice of 'scope is to some extent a matter of personal choice, what you want to, how portable you want it to be etc. All the info you need to choose is probably on here and people seem happy to chip in with advice when needed...

I went for a Celestron Advanced Series C6-NGT coz it seemed a good all rounder for what I wanted (very similar to the SW 150) and I've been very happy with it so far...

Have fun!

Archived