SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Test shot of Milky Way

AndyM

Just playing about with the Canon again. This time used piggyback on the scope with the kit 18-55mm lens set at 18mm.

Exposure time 8 minutes @ ISO 400. No editing apart from converting from RAW to jpg and resizing.

image.jpg

Any opinions, good or bad welcome. :D

Andy.

M31 I think - though Stellarium places it further away from the milky way. Wasn't aiming for anything in particular with this shot, only a test pic for exposure times so I just pointed the camera in the general direction of the milky way and fired off a few pics.

Andy.

Andy i need to know , was that 8 min frame or a few to make up the exposure time , that my friend is a very good image whatever method you used

Rog :p

Single frame, Rog. Still have to explore stacking images. :D

Absolutely stunning!

Tracking is spot on, focus ditto, and no clouds or light pollution. You're a lucky man to have a sky like that! :blob8:

Captain Chaos

On the original size image, if I enlarge a small area you'd see how far the tracking is out. :p Only did a polar alignment by taking the scope outside, looking for Polaris, plonking the whole thing down and saying "that'll do!"

Andy.

Look closely-smack in the middle is Cassiopeia. The fuzzy on the left is M31, and the Double Cluster is indeed visible at the 12:00 position. I see a bunch of other fuzzies in and around Cassiopeia, but I'll let you guys figure them out. :D Very nice!

Archived