SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pacman

Kaptain Klevtsov

One of Rog's favourites judging by the many superb images I found during my searches here.

200mm f/5 Newt. with Ha filter, 0.5X focal reducer, SC3 webcam. 24 subs of 60 seconds each pane. Gamma on full, gain on full.

This is too big for my camera (note to self: get a bigger one) so it ended up being iMerged from two images. The top half got cloud infestation on the subs which is why the quality is much lower in that part.

image.jpg

(click to biggerize)

Captain Chaos

The biggersized image looks good to me. How doo you find using the Modded Webcam? I am thinking of getting mine done.

Great fun and massively frustrating in equal measure. The chip is so small that for stuff like M42 you need a camera lens, not a telescope, but for cheap thrills, nothing beats it. The next step up is over a grand (I'm not counting the new Atik, as that has the same chip as the SC3) but for that you get 16bits, many more pixels and higher sensitivity. Well worth a go.

Captain Chaos

Archived