Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Full Moon from 19 January 2011

Brinders

I've made and posted composites of Lunar previously. I have used my Skywatcher 2X ED barlow for my earlier attempts, this time I used a Soligor 2x teleconverter attached to my Pentax K20D DSLR through the prime focus of a Celestron CPC925GPS.

There is some evidence of purple fringing in the original colour image that I cannot remember being evident with the barlow. Converted to greyscale, however, and I think it would be almost impossible to tell them apart. I'll have to try a back to back next full moon.

This is a mosaic of 31 frames combined in Microsoft ICE and post processed in Paintshop Pro X. The full image amounts to a 230mb file when saved as a TIFF. I have reduced the size of the image and converted to JPEG for posting here :(

Brinders

post-13640-133877529935_thumb.jpg

Beautiful moon! on prime focus of a Celestron CPC925GPS? COOL !

Yes, at prime focus, but with a 2 x teleconverter. I wanted to see if resolution was better by combining a number of panes into one image. It is possible to get the moon (just about) using only two panes (northern and southern hemispheres, with considerable overlap) using my DLSR attached to the prime focus without a teleconverter or barlow.

Brinders

Archived