Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

jamespels

Peak Star Party Lives Again! 21 - 24 October

defo (and to quote Poltergeist) 'all are welcome....'

james just tried to book but got a page saying request not found

Can you try again please? If it still fails, please email a screen shot to info@peakstarparty.co.uk. I'll pop you an email asking for the info we need and make the booking for you.

Thanks, J.

Can you try again please? If it still fails, please email a screen shot to info@peakstarparty.co.uk. I'll pop you an email asking for the info we need and make the booking for you.

Thanks, J.

just sent a screen shot

danny

I am really looking forward to this it's:

1) close to home

2) a LOT darker than at home

3) gonna be great to meet everyone

4) not going to be curtailed (to a single night) due to personal circumstances (I hope!!) like SGL6

5) getting dark early

cheers all

Shane

defo (and to quote Poltergeist) 'all are welcome....'

Of course pitch neighbors get first dibs!

hey guys an gals, just to say im in camping field pitch 4, i should arrive friday early afternoon but will leave sunday lunch time. If any one is worried about the cold feel free to pm me as im a seasoned c a r p angler and as such im used to cold weather camping

James

Can you confirm my booking for pitch 17 in the touring field, as i need a EHU and plan says none?

Cheers

Steve Wolves:icon_scratch:

James

Can you confirm my booking for pitch 17 in the touring field, as i need a EHU and plan says none?

Cheers

hi Steve

I was behind you at SGL6 for just one night (with the 12" dob). look forward to seeing you again. :)

hi Steve

I was behind you at SGL6 for just one night (with the 12" dob). look forward to seeing you again. :)

Yours was the first Dob I ever looked through and you showed me twin galaxies which blew me away. I was next to Steve that week so it's nice to see that you will both be here come October.

hey hey! will be a right get together again! I am rubbish with names - it was you with the nice camera taking shots of the sky etc?

let's hope for better skies. this time you can look through my 16" f4 which is in progress.

James

Cheers

Hi Steve,

I think you have an old copy :). The first layout had 17 with no EHU as the person I had originally put there didn't need it and we were one short. I have moved that person to #12 so 17 has EHU again. The link to the website on the plan stays the same but the file it points to gets updated every few weeks.

Thanks,

James.

james still cant book :)

its ok now i have just booked my first star party woooop

Edited by Daniel-K

All booked and looking forward to what promises to be a great weekend!

Clear Skies

Paul

My fiancée and I are going to try and make it, as this will be our first Star Party! I don't yet have a scope or camera, will it be ok to go with no observing equipment?

you will be more than welcome to just bring mk1 eyeballs, other people will let you look through there scopes

That would be great as I'm quite new to Astronomy, the observing part anyway! :-) I have just sent an email to the address above so hopefully I'll get more details as to what needs to be done etc.

going to a star party will be a good way to get an idea as to what optical gear you might want and what to expect from such equipment

That's exactly what I thought. I would like to get into the Astrophotography part of Astronomy as some of the pictures I have seen are absolutely gorgeous and I would like the privilege of producing some fantastic pictures myself plus as a bonus it would be good to bounce questions of people who are doing this and find out what equipment would be best suited to the task in hand! Secondly apart from camping gear, what will be needed for the party? Will I have to pay or something?

you would only have to pay for the camping fee/admission/food

Hi again, Andrewsean. One of the things I am considering is an imaging day, with workshops on local and dso astrophotography. This would be aimed at the complete beginner (like me!).

I an struggling a bit with setting this up though - any takers to help out?

Just got my pitch booked but who do you make the cheque payable to? Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

SPACEBOY

Hmm tempted to come along to this one. Not been to a star party before so dont really know what to expect but since this Star Party is just down the road (relatively speaking) I should not miss the opportunity really ;)

If I come along I am willing to help out as/if needed. :D

Just got my pitch booked but who do you make the cheque payable to? Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

SPACEBOY

hey hey - finally we meet! ;)

Hmm tempted to come along to this one. Not been to a star party before so dont really know what to expect but since this Star Party is just down the road (relatively speaking) I should not miss the opportunity really ;)

If I come along I am willing to help out as/if needed. :D

you should definitely go it will be great. the best thing is the social side for me and with dark skies too, you cannot lose!