jamespels

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really looking forward to this it's:

1) close to home

2) a LOT darker than at home

3) gonna be great to meet everyone

4) not going to be curtailed (to a single night) due to personal circumstances (I hope!!) like SGL6

5) getting dark early

cheers all

Shane

hey guys an gals, just to say im in camping field pitch 4, i should arrive friday early afternoon but will leave sunday lunch time. If any one is worried about the cold feel free to pm me as im a seasoned c a r p angler and as such im used to cold weather camping

James

Can you confirm my booking for pitch 17 in the touring field, as i need a EHU and plan says none?

Cheers

Steve Wolves:icon_scratch:

hi Steve

I was behind you at SGL6 for just one night (with the 12" dob). look forward to seeing you again. :)

hi Steve

I was behind you at SGL6 for just one night (with the 12" dob). look forward to seeing you again. :)

Yours was the first Dob I ever looked through and you showed me twin galaxies which blew me away. I was next to Steve that week so it's nice to see that you will both be here come October.

hey hey! will be a right get together again! I am rubbish with names - it was you with the nice camera taking shots of the sky etc?

let's hope for better skies. this time you can look through my 16" f4 which is in progress.

James

Can you confirm my booking for pitch 17 in the touring field, as i need a EHU and plan says none?

Cheers

Steve Wolves:icon_scratch:

Hi Steve,

I think you have an old copy :). The first layout had 17 with no EHU as the person I had originally put there didn't need it and we were one short. I have moved that person to #12 so 17 has EHU again. The link to the website on the plan stays the same but the file it points to gets updated every few weeks.

Thanks,

James.

That's exactly what I thought. I would like to get into the Astrophotography part of Astronomy as some of the pictures I have seen are absolutely gorgeous and I would like the privilege of producing some fantastic pictures myself plus as a bonus it would be good to bounce questions of people who are doing this and find out what equipment would be best suited to the task in hand! Secondly apart from camping gear, what will be needed for the party? Will I have to pay or something?

Hi again, Andrewsean. One of the things I am considering is an imaging day, with workshops on local and dso astrophotography. This would be aimed at the complete beginner (like me!).

I an struggling a bit with setting this up though - any takers to help out?

Hmm tempted to come along to this one. Not been to a star party before so dont really know what to expect but since this Star Party is just down the road (relatively speaking) I should not miss the opportunity really ;)

If I come along I am willing to help out as/if needed. :D

Hmm tempted to come along to this one. Not been to a star party before so dont really know what to expect but since this Star Party is just down the road (relatively speaking) I should not miss the opportunity really ;)

If I come along I am willing to help out as/if needed. :D

you should definitely go it will be great. the best thing is the social side for me and with dark skies too, you cannot lose!

Archived