Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

jamespels

Peak Star Party Lives Again! 21 - 24 October

kharga, you mentioned your pitch number last time however I wasn't sure which field were you on.

About the only one other than me I can comment on...

Kharga is going to be in a camper at the main entrance and will be looking after "meet and greet" duties :). She does not have a specific pitch and I am eternally grateful for the help she and her husband are providing! :)

i have decided i will definitely be attending, with or without the works caravan will book in a day or so

Blimey - bit of a last minute ruch this week!

Up to 39 now... any takers for one more to get us to the original target of 40 by the end of May? It's going ahead either way but I'd love to get there...

Cheers,

J.

And we've done it - one more booking just in takes us to 40!

Now to book the rest of the campsite out :)

Once again - thanks everybody, you're all great :)

looks like its gonna be a great do..........just hope no one buys new scopes in the area that week or it will be the dreaded C word

payment sent, really looking forward to this event

finally booked and paid. in the camping field with EHU - not been assigned a number yet though - too soon.

will be bringing my OOUK 16" f4 (will be well finished by then) and if I can squeeze it in, my OOUK 6" f11.

Edited by Moonshane

No probs, updated version attached :)

howdy neighbour - James has just confirmed I am in 27 next to you! getting excited now.

Very productive meeting to plan the next stages over the weekend, btw.

Real life has taken over for a bit but I'll post the outcomes here and on the website as soon as I get a chance to write them up (next few days...).

Thanks,

J.

Edited by jamespels

howdy neighbour - James has just confirmed I am in 27 next to you! getting excited now.

Excellent! I'll update the map as soon as I get near my PC.

I'll defo be attending but as a day visitor, not sure which day. Would I still be required to book or will it be fine just turning up?

Thanks.

hey i want to attend but its there anywere to charge up by power tank i will be in a tent if so i can get it booked today :) will be my first star party

I am sure I read there's a charging point but if you cannot find one available you can always use mine. I have an electric hook up and it's only for the toaster/small kettle as I don't do electrics on my scopes really.

Hi melibum,

yes, we have a "reasonable use" policy on free powerpack recharging for pitches without an EHU.

If you have extensive gear (big mount, couple of laptops, CCD camera, dew heaters, etc.) you may be better off in one of the pitches with an EHU though - there are still a few left in the Touring Field.

Thanks,

James.

james just tried to book but got a page saying request not found

I am sure I read there's a charging point but if you cannot find one available you can always use mine. I have an electric hook up and it's only for the toaster/small kettle as I don't do electrics on my scopes really.

thanks moonshane im going to book asap:headbang:

i might take advantage of that offer as well shane just to charge moby or maybe a quick bit of power in the lappy, must remember jaffa cakes and a look through that OO dob