Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party Lives Again! 21 - 24 October

jamespels

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

nto heard back from Sheffield AS - can you e-mail me details of this meet (who is organising it, contact details, etc.)? Don't suppose you'd be interested in giving a small talk there if I send you a presentation?

Thanks,

J.

I got a response from the acquitance that he forwarded the event details (website) to the secretary and it will be mentioned at the meeting.

Time for another update - 25 pitches confirmed and three more working their way through at the moment. Almost certain to confirm PSP2011 now! :)

PSP Bank account is going through at the moment; as soon as the bank tells me it's available I will be paying in the cheques from everybody who has sent them. It will all go striaght back out as a deposit to Shallow Grange, though... ;).

For anybody who has forgotten, I will be at Derby AS's AGM tonight and Ilkeston & District's 30th birthday convention tomorrow - look forward to meeting any SGLer who happens to be there!

Many thanks to you all for the continued support - this is starting to feel "real" now!

J.

Ah, yes... not really necessary but I suppose the rest of the wold minus the five people following @PeakStarParty might want to know, too! :D

Thanks Perry!

Also, two more interesting facts: I THINK we know have at least one booking from every Astro Soc we have given a talk to (with the possible exception of Manchester and of Ilkeston & District but I only visited IDAS on Saturday).

Something of a record now being held by Derby AS - we had a booking within two hours of the meeting!

Once again, thanks everybody - another five and I think we're safe.

J.

I have given all bookings pitch allocations (please let me know if I have missed anyone!) but I am not planning to publish a list of who will be where.

Feel free to say where you are, though :D

I am in pitch 1 in the Camping Field.

Hi all, time for another update...

We now have 32 confirmed bookings and another couple on the way so I am happy to say that PSP2011 is now definitely going ahead!

I may need to move a few of the Touring Field pitches around though so we can put something down to stabilise the ground for camper vans so apologies in advance if we have to move you! I will let you know by e-mail in a couple of weeks when we have worked out what to do.

We will be meeting up at the end of the month to confirm details and start planning the next work and will announce final events and the outline speaker list in the first couple of weeks in June.

A huge thankyou to everybody who has booked early - your confidence is hugely appreciated!

James.

Hi all, time for another update...

We now have 32 confirmed bookings and another couple on the way so I am happy to say that PSP2011 is now definitely going ahead!

;)

Great stuff James :eek:

I will need to start sorting out cold weather camping gear...

Archived