Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party Lives Again! 21 - 24 October

jamespels

Id like to wish everyone going has a great Starparty this weekend and hope you all get good skies, I got the chance to attend for the whole party but circumstances prevented it. I just hope I can make it for a few hours on one of the weekend days.. Anyway till then clear skies

all the best Andy

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez!

Work, work, work........Boy am I looking forward to this weekend!:) I've just looked at the updated Pitch allocation and shock horror there I wasn't:eek: But as I know James has been working his butt off for all our benefit I ain't gonna hold it against him:)

I'll be on camping field pitch 29 arriving about midday Friday and staying until breakfast Monday. Looking forward to meeting lots of fellow SGLers!

Here's to clear skies, if anyone can arrange for a decent Coronal Mass Ejection, the warmth by day would be welcome;)

I have not even starting getting anything together yet. will rush home at 4.15pm on Friday, pack everything quickly and then get off. luckily if I forget anything drastic I am only about half an hour away so will be able to return home.

Lucky you moon shane iv got a list that I'm ticking off as i pack. It's mainly my food left to pack and finish up with last essentials of toilet rolls etc,all my clothes are packed or ironed ready to wear lol. I bet il still forget something or be rushing round like a headless chicken on Friday tho lol

I must admit that due to my OCD tendancies I started producing a packing list last week and started sorting stuff out last weekend which has continued into this week.

If I forget anything I shall just have to make do :)

The ADM dovetail arrived for my new to me 102mm refractor so now ready to mount both scopes on my Giro III.

The 80mm for wideangle richfield viewing (must see the Veil!) and planetary and the 102mm for DSO's

EDIT: Ironing? whats that? :)

It's reassuring to see all these OCD references, I thought it was just me!

My other half is always saying ' checking, checking, checking' when ever I go back to see if I've locked the door or to make sure I've got my wallet, phones, head etc :-)

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Shane I'm in the same boat as you, I've done zilch apart from think about what I might take.

Scopes are the easy bit, strip 'em all down and throw everything in boxes in the back of the caravan. I haven't packed any clothes, any food and I haven't checked the caravan out for a couple of months.

So I'll probably be the one going to the supermarket in Buxton as soon as I arrive.

sounds just like me mate.

clothes, won't need many - undies have both an inside and an outside you know!

oh yeah, food. have plenty of jaffa cakes so will be buying some tins and bread etc later or tomorrow (or maybe I'll join you in Buxton!).

cool! we can either celebrate or drown our sorrows!

are you taking your 130p? if so I wouldn't mind a peek through it as I was considering trying to get one for a school project but wondered what it would be like vs my 90mm frac and maybe a 6" newt.

Glad to see at least some people are going to be prepared!

I've only just got my TAL rebuilt (has a lovely view of the inside wall of the OTA so I think collimation may be a touch out!); I've left the hi-vis vests I promised to bring at work; I have no gas for the gas stove; I haven't even designed half the paperwork we need, let alone printed it; the line painting paint ran out half way through so only half the pitches are marked and I haven't even though about clothes yet.

Apart from that, everything's sorted :)

Thankfully, there is a truly great team of people running this with me - remember to give them a good round of applause when I introduce them on Friday.

J.

Well done James,

It is a real treat to have someone else do all the organising for a change, in my family it always seems to be me, at work it always seems to be me and that applies to both my jobs!:) I'm thinking a standing ovation might just be in order on Friday!:)

I'm keeping a close eye on the North/South weather split we look like we are in for, as long as the cloud/rain/**** all stays to the north I think we will be Okay:p

Archived