SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Peak Star Party Lives Again! 21 - 24 October

jamespels

I'm looking forward to reading the write ups after PSP2011...just gutted I couldn't make it work back to back with Kielder as I just didn't have enough holiday left. But since SGL7 clashes with Kielder spring I should be able to do PSP2012 if it's either just before or just after Kielder Autumn.

Best of luck for next week James, and well done on bringing it this far! :D

Mike

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this might be a dodgy question resulting in various scathing comments about hating football, but is anyone likely to be watching the City Vs United game on Sunday? maybe we could have a saddo football corner with a laptop? I am a City fan but would welcome banter from both sides (assuming we win or draw of course! I may have to find a pub if not! I have Jaffa Cakes!

I was planning to listen on the radio as an absolute least, but a Pub visit sounds like a great idea. I will have my Mancini style scarf complimenting the now seemingly obligatory Russian hat.

I'm looking forward to reading the write ups after PSP2011...just gutted I couldn't make it work back to back with Kielder as I just didn't have enough holiday left. But since SGL7 clashes with Kielder spring I should be able to do PSP2012 if it's either just before or just after Kielder Autumn.

Best of luck for next week James, and well done on bringing it this far! :D

Mike

Thanks Mike (and everyone else) for your best wishes. PSP2012 99% set for weekend 19 to 22nd Oct next year (friday to monday again, wicket days that is. Looking at space for another dozen ehu pitches too, with a genny for people bringing campers and caravans.

More details soon.

Hi Paul,

no worries - just give us a call on the number I gave you if there is nobody at reception then (if there isn't, the barrier will probably be down)l; nowhere at Shallow Grange is more than a couple of minutes walk from there so we'll be with you pretty quickly.

J.

I'm going to need some tips how to deal with copious amounts of dew. Having the obs I don't have to deal with it but the past couple of nights I've been going out with my sons frak and every thing is wringing wet in a matter of seconds :D How do imagers deal with it with all those electronics ?

I'm going to need some tips how to deal with copious amounts of dew. Having the obs I don't have to deal with it but the past couple of nights I've been going out with my sons frak and every thing is wringing wet in a matter of seconds :D How do imagers deal with it with all those electronics ?

Yeah ditto.

Been plagued by dew over the last couple of nights.

If I am up for an all nighter under the stars I am going to have to come up with something pretty quick!

I was thinking more about my kit showing signs of rust by the end of the weekend. I'd took out my old ep's to use with my sons scope and forgot to close the case between EP changes. No kidding it must have only been 5-10 minutes and the foam was full like a sponge with dew. I'm thinking if the OTA is pointing at zenith longer than an hour its going to end up a water butt.

Made the mistake of looking at the forecast today.....:-(

Keeping everything crossed, and actually forecasts normally turn out to be wrong so hopefully we will get at least some decent skies....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Made the mistake of looking at the forecast today.....:-(

Keeping everything crossed, and actually forecasts normally turn out to be wrong so hopefully we will get at least some decent skies....

I've been keeping an eye on XCWeather for a while - it has changed so much in the last couple of days it is wtill a gamble. One good thing - it has been consistently reasonably dry for this week so thr ground should be pretty firm.

J.

Well one thing's for sure, regardless of weather, it will be fantastic to meet everyone and to get away for some peace and quiet :-). I've got plenty of things to tinker with and try out so am wishing the week away

Stu

Well one thing's for sure, regardless of weather, it will be fantastic to meet everyone and to get away for some peace and quiet :-). I've got plenty of things to tinker with and try out so am wishing the week away

Stu

Good call!

Hi all,

I wouldn;t hold too much by the 7Timer weather forecast on the PSP website - it is very different from both the Beeb and the Met Office ones!

So far, it looks like it will be dry and not too cold (hooray) but cloudy and a bit breezy (boo).

The site is only 30 mins from my cottage - weather can be very changeable (both good and bad) so prepare for everything. Very heavy rain for the last 2 days but looks like it might have time to dry out a little before the weekend.

Since I'm a Noob when it comes to Star Parties I wondered what happens if there are no clear skies? Does eveyone just hang out chatting and drinking? Does the no white light still apply?

Any and all cloudy/rainy star party tips welcome.

Archived