Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party Lives Again! 21 - 24 October

jamespels

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, less than a week to go now, seems to have taken ages to get to this stage, i will be in some kind of green fishing bivvy, pitch 4 so if any one wants to say hello feel free, unless you hear loud snoring coming from within said structure!!

Ok so no worries on the washing up front then so what about the water? do i need to fill my water carrier before i come or is there somewhere there to do it? i no most camping places do supply the water but i want to make sure as il want a coffee as soon as i get there lol x

Ok so no worries on the washing up front then so what about the water? do i need to fill my water carrier before i come or is there somewhere there to do it? i no most camping places do supply the water but i want to make sure as il want a coffee as soon as i get there lol x

That's definitely in the Welcome Pack - read the "Refreshments" bit! :D

Drinking water from the washing area; we will also have two hot water boilers going through the night.

You will just need to bring something to carry the water back to your tent, and whatever tea, coffee, cordial or whatever else you want. Personally, I'd recommend a decent cup-a-soup!

J.

wow, less than a week to go now, seems to have taken ages to get to this stage, i will be in some kind of green fishing bivvy, pitch 4 so if any one wants to say hello feel free, unless you hear loud snoring coming from within said structure!!

nf - if you feel the need for a roof (if it's chucking it down, f'rinstance!), bring your bivvie over - I've got loads of space. My missus is helping out but she's sleeping with little Em (our 2yo) in a room at the farm.

J.

Don't think i'm going to get to this one.....real shame....I really hope you all get Dark sky with not a cloud in sight !

PUT ME DOWN FOR NEXT YEAR PLEASE ! are you taking booking yet 2012 :-)

cheers

Ian

Hi ian_A,

PSP2012 in advanced stages of planning will be announcing it during the weekend at PSP2011.

We are tweaking the rates a bit - we have found ourselves a bit short in places and hadn;t counted fro things like PayPal fees - we'll know exactly where we are up to once we know the final costs for PSP2011. Also, I have also only just sorted out a decent replacement for EventElephant so I need to spend a bit of time putting the new site together.

All told, you should be able to book online by the end of November but keep an eye out for the offcial PSP2012 thread on here soon!

J.

Well I've got two choices of silly hat in case. One for cold weather and one for stupidly cold weather. Pleased it will be dark so no one will see :-)

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

post-19420-133877678513_thumb.jpg

post-19420-133877678518_thumb.jpg

Hey Stu I would not worry I have packed my black dear stalker/russian hat so you won't be the only one :D

Out of the options of being warm or killing any street cred I may have, I know which I would prefer.

Mmm toasty ;)

Just a head's up for a few things for the astroboot.

10" F4 Skywatcher newt (bobs knobs)

Skywatcher laser colimator

NEQ6 Syntrek controller

10mm eyepiece

25mm eyepiece

Fold up camper bed (off the floor)

EOS 350D (modified with filter removal)

2 man tent (used once)

Lots of bits & pieces

Looks like I shall have to stock up then!

Any other preferences to Jaffa cakes? :D

Just throwing it out here I shall be looking to purchse the following if anyone has any going spare:

Approx 12 inch dovetail bar

Red dot finder or any other zero mag finder

1.25 inch dialectric diagonal preferably William optics but any other good quality one.

1.25 inch Parfocal ring(s)

Dew heater controller and strips to fit 80mm & 100mm diameter objective lens

Think that will do for now unless I think of anything else ;)

this might be a dodgy question resulting in various scathing comments about hating football, but is anyone likely to be watching the City Vs United game on Sunday? maybe we could have a saddo football corner with a laptop? I am a City fan but would welcome banter from both sides (assuming we win or draw of course! I may have to find a pub if not! I have Jaffa Cakes!

Archived