Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party Lives Again! 21 - 24 October

jamespels

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of the weather updates.... (from our friend at the Met Office):

UK Outlook for Tuesday 11 Oct 2011 to Tuesday 25 Oct 2011:

The Trend will be for drier and brighter conditions in the south with more unsettled conditions likely in the north and west with occasional rain or showers, and perhaps windy at times here as well. As we head through October, and the nights get longer; temperatures consequently are likely to become lower, especially at night, although some pleasantly warm days are still possible.

Looking forward to seeing anything, tbh. It's been so long since I got the scope out I've forgotten what most things look like!

Sounds like a great obsering opportunity for Jupiter, though - one of the reasons for choosing the date is that Jupiter is near opposition but I had no idea there was a decent transit - thanks for pointing that out!

J.

UK Outlook for Tuesday 11 Oct 2011 to Tuesday 25 Oct 2011:

The Trend will be for drier and brighter conditions in the south with more unsettled conditions likely in the north and west with occasional rain or showers, and perhaps windy at times here as well. As we head through October, and the nights get longer; temperatures consequently are likely to become lower, especially at night, although some pleasantly warm days are still possible.

Lol, thats the standard forecast foir October a month in advance, talk about stating the obvious ;) I can't believe any Met Office in the world can forcast more than a week in advance. At the end of the day we'll have to take what we get but I'm sure we'll all have a good time anyway.....looking forward to it :p

James, you may have seen this elsewhere but there is definitely a transit of Io (plus shadow) on 22nd Oct between 20.54, ending at 23.13. Thanks demonperformer for confirming :-)

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

James, you may have seen this elsewhere but there is definitely a transit of Io (plus shadow) on 22nd Oct between 20.54, ending at 23.13. Thanks demonperformer for confirming :-)

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

ooh tasty!

/me shall be off to find who has a big scope pointed at Jupiter lol :p

Hi Andy, there are a few non electric pitches available. Please visit the website Peak Star Party 2011 to book.

Thanks,

J.

Right just been out to the caravan and it looks like the battery on the caravan hss nearly had it It did not show up at Kelling as was on electric constantlyso as for using the Suitcase generator within the useable times Im not sure it will be enough to last during the rest of the time, So might wait hope and pray that a EHU come available.. Is there a waiting list as such?

Regs Andy

Shane,

when you get bored of this one, you could always ask John Nicholl about the 18" he has on offer: Northcote Hill Farmhouse

Not quite so high spec as yours (1/6pv; 0.92 strehl) but another 53 sq inches of light (25% more) :p

It's f4.7 so you'll need to split the tube to fit in in the car but we must all face these little trials from time to time!

Archived