Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party Lives Again! 21 - 24 October

jamespels

James, if that's the only major glitch you've experienced, you've done exceptionally well!!

Nice to see a good job being done in organising this event.

The area in question is probably one of the darkest zones in the Peak. I'm up and around that area on a weekly basis, so I'm in a good position to comment.

Best of luck James and fingers crossed that you're all blessed with clear skies..... I may pop along on the Saturday to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the offer James :glasses2:

I dont suppose there is anyone from Liverpool Astronomy Society or anyone travelling from Merseyside who would not mind sharing their transport?

Will be travelling light, just my camping gear and my small ED80 & alt/az mount so wont take up too much space :rolleyes:

26 days and we should all be pitched up hopefully!!!! i am over excited at the moment as i've nearly got everything i need except food, i think i've done brilliant to arrange myself and think i will pack the main bag this week so the house looks tidier lol

Hi All,

We had our final planning meeting yesterday, and I can confirm that we are ready for you.

We can't guarantee clear skies, who can. But we can guarantee. You will all have a wonderful, and peace full-time at Shallow Grange.

hi all,

currently at about 65 pitches booked with over 100 named visitors. If the weather is decent, we are also expecting write a few day visitors, at least on the Saturday.

Cars can be parked by pitches (one car per pitch max) but will be asked not to come and go if the ground is wet. Large car parking area for extra cars or for people who want to come and go if the gras is wet in the field behind the Camping Field, next to the Overflow Field.

We have placed an order for fine weather and clear skies but FLO are out of stock so we had to go somewhere else where the QC is not so good, I'm afraid!

Also I had a thought this morning.

Do any of you veteran Star Party goers have any star party packing lists?

I thought it might be a good thing to help refresh my mind what things may be useful as this is my first star party.

Cheers

I do have a list I created, will dig it out and post for reference.

On another subject, just checked the dates for Jupiter transits and it looks like there is a transit of Io from around 9pm until 11pm. Not seen a decent one for ages so quite excited at the prospect. Hope it's clear!

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Archived