Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party Lives Again! 21 - 24 October

jamespels

Hey Phoenix, i'l be the same so there will be no worries of fitting in and we will all gain knowledge and friends from this. i really cant wait now, im in the process of over buying for camping lol, i just cant seem to travel light lol :-)

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm...been thinking about this for a while, would love to go to a star party, but i have no transport for me and the dob. is anyone going who is driving through/close to coventry and is willing to offer me a car ride+boot space.

say split the fuel and pitch cost 50/50 and ill chuck in a little something for your generosity. i have a tent and sleeping bag...its just the transport that i need.

im fairly flexible on the days, i would prefer to be back sunday night, but i can always book more holiday days :smiley:

and i am fine with/without electricity, as long as i can get a cup of yorkshire tea from somewhere i will be fine!

Woah! James I haven't been on the SGF for ages... I am well impressed with the Peak Star Party website and program... well done to you for making this happen, I'm really looking forward to it.

See you soon...

James,

I am still unable to book for the BBQ on the Saturday night. No matter what link I use I keep getting "the requested event was not found".

I have selected the BBQ page then ried clicking on "Please book barbecue tickets here; you will need your main PSP2011 booking reference to proceed - this will have been included in your booking confirmation e-mail." , then entering 2 off tickets and clicking book now, it then shows me an Event Elephant screen and says "the requested event was not found".

I have selected PSP2011 Barbecue page, then tried clicking on "Please use this page to book barbecue tickets for Peak Star Party 2011." which is located This just takes me to the

Star Party Details page.

What am I doing wrong???

Uplooker / Ian

Hello

I sent a email to the info@starparty email address and have had no reply , sent 24 hours ago

I will see what happens :)

you will get a reply it took a few days for mine

they gotta be dealing with loads of stuff at minute:)

Hi all,

apologies for not replying straight away. As Moonshane says, real life does get in the way sometimes - my boss wants me to work, my wiafe wants me to renovate and every now and again my daughter needs reminding what I look like...

Essex Stargazer and KerryAnn: I think I have now replied to your e-mails. I have no way of matching e-mail addresses and SGL names so apologies if not - please drop me another e-mail and include your SGL name if you do not have a reply from me this morning.

Uplooker: can you drop me an e-mail with your original booking ref and how many of each type of BBQ you need and I will book them for you (so long as you're OK paying by cheque / paypal - I'll send details).

Thanks all,

J.

Meant to say, btw - I now have John Wall's original "child friendly telescope" (as featured in last month's Astronomy Now) on loan and will soon be collecting a hypochromat refractor (a brand new deisgn of his - I inluced a link to a CN review a few posts back) he is purpose-building for us to demonstrate. This is a remarkable scope - it is non-APO in design but shows almost no chromatic aberration right up to moderately high powers. It can also focus on objects all the way from infinity to WITHIN the objective lens...

Both scopes will be on show in the Peak District Dark Skies tent, with drawings and documentation from John.

J.

haha woop my first neighbour!!, im really getting excited now, once my birthday is out of the way il be even worse as it will be less than a month. what time will you be getting down there? i dont have a clue what time we should arrive at x

We will be they're sering up from Weds night so any time on Friday will be fine. If you want to come earlier, just give Shallow Grange a call to book the previous day(s). Same goes if you wasn't to stay on later, but you may get roped into helping set up / break down!

HAHA well my other half will be working the night before aswel so iv got to ask him what time he will be up for, dont want him grumpy when we've got to attempt putting up a tent lol, i should think it will be afternoon sometime, il probably be up from the early hours due to sheer excitement and checking and re checking iv packed everything lol

Official apologies for the ******* payment system.

Too late to change now but we won't be using them again next year!

Please put booknigs through as deferred payment if the online thingumy fails - I'll send payment details out (cheque or paypal) to all booknigs recieved without payment.

Thanks,

J.

Archived