Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st Night Finally

Mav359

So after a full weeks ownership i finally got to have a play with my new scope.... boy have i got a lot to learn!!!!

I'm still waiting on my power tank so yesterday i had to do it the old fashioned way, the moon was out, viewing wasn't great, it was freezing cold and i was way out on the polar setup (mount was facing the wrong way, ooops) but.......

WOW!!!

lots to learn and practice but its going to be well worth it.

Fun times

:(:D:D

It is always the way isn't it. The mistake most easily made are the most obvious ones and leave you feeling a bit foolish especially in front of other people ie setting up the wrong way round, leaving the cap on the scope or trying to work something that isn't plugged in. We've all been there!

In a few weeks time i shall also be getting my first telescope - an Evostar 120. I'm on the brink not getting many views on the winter sky, but there we have it. I'm really looking forward to getting my first views with some good seeing. And, don't worry; all of us newbies are called that for a reason - we get things wrong at the start!

Archived