Narrowband

Cheap Meade scope available in Costco...

I went into a local big box store, called Costco, or The Price Club. I was looking for other things as I followed my wife around, such as the exit, but I stumbled across some boxes purporting to hold a Meade 102mm f:7.7 achromatic reflector, on a single arm fork mount with goto, and two Series 4000 Plossls. Remarkably, it didn't mention that you can get 475x out of it. Looked like a pretty good scope.

The price? $99.97! Thats about £45, I could pay as much for some of the larger cuts of meat in the butcher section.

I was tempted to grab one, just because, but I was interested in leaving the store with both my arms. I recommended it to a friend who wants a scope, but his wife threatened him with dismemberment or defenestration, too.

How do they do it so cheap, and can it possibly be as good as it looks? The two eyepieces are worth $99.97.

Archived