Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NexStar GT Aliging Advice

Santa brought MiniDaz a NexStar 114 GT for Crimbo, and I'm just after some alignment advice - i.e. which stars have people used, same side of the meridian or across it?

We have the choice of a Quick align (point north), Two Star Align or Auto Align. I guess I favour the two star, but open to experts!!

Of course, it all hangs on getting some flippin' clear skies at some point in the next millenium!! :)

Hi Daz

i was'nt ignoring your question about being your sister!! New to Forums, Telescopes, Astrophotography, Computers etc,etc,(oh god maybe I should just give up now).

I assume you have a sister called Trudie, Its taken me this long to work out how to reply to you on that question!!

I have a Nexstar130 bought as a pressie in November and as a complete novice I managed to do 3 star alighnment and once I worked out the name of 1 star tried alighning on that only SUCCESS!!

Mind you that was on almost the only clear night since November.

Regards

I assume you have a sister called Trudie, Its taken me this long to work out how to reply to you on that question!!

I do and don't worry - it was more of a jape rhetorical question!!

My son is going apoplectic at the weather - just unbelievable. Three times we have starting aligning under a clear(ish) sky and three times the clouds have driven us inside!!!

Thanks for that link exjet - checking out now :D

Archived