Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Iphone Apps???

I have Pocket Universe (£1.79) which is good, sometimes has issues with tracking but doing a figure eight movement generally gets it working ok.

I also have StarMap Pro (£11.49) which is very good and as paulbeer says is very easy to use.

Distant Suns 3 on a 3GS. Allows you to point the phone at the sky and see whats's there, select an object for info on it, find an object (eg the obscure alignment stars that Synscan chooses!) as well as the usual planetarium date/time stuff. Highly recommended.

The iPhone 3 GS had the built in compass too, when the blumming thing works.

Dazz

Oh thanks I didn't realise it was in the 3GS. Shame they are not also in the iPod touches, I believe Star Walk will try to use the camera on that one but not convinced how well that would actually work...

I wasn't aware that the iPod touches come with a camera? My girlfriends one has a black patch where the camera should be, unless it's on the higher models? Like the 16 GB or the 32GB or have I totally misunderstood what you've just said??

Dazz

I wasn't aware that the iPod touches come with a camera? My girlfriends one has a black patch where the camera should be, unless it's on the higher models? Like the 16 GB or the 32GB or have I totally misunderstood what you've just said?? Dazz

there is a front camera on iPods 4th generation (3d gen doesn't have a camera, so prob ur gf owns that one), so you can use it, it works well for calibrating and its moving with you wherever your turn :(

i own ipod touch 4th and don't really need anything that iphone has until i have wi-fi which is almost everywhere :) LOVE IT!

I have an iPhone 3GS myself, tbh I'm not that overly impressed with it. Then again I have never been a fan of iPhones, iPods and don't even get me started on the iPad. But where the thing is good is the apps :( I think she might have the 3rd gen. I'll look it up.

Dazz

Archived