SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Moon Video, sony nex hooked upto celestron 130

Glowingsplint

Here is my first video taken lastnight, am well chuffed with it as the celestron hasn't quite lived-up to my first expectations.

The moon really is amazing when you get to view on a clear night the only thing lastnight was the wind which was slightly annoying. However am well impressed with the video tell me what you think

Surprising to see someone else who finds that the 130 SLT hasn't quite lived up to their own expectations... It's by no means a bad scope (for a beginner), but there are a few things that bug me... The stability of the mount isn't great, the focus dials are far to stiff (meaning that sometimes when using a more powerful eyepiece that the thing has moved out of view due to the movement) and waiting for image to stabilise every time you go anywhere near it!

I'm not disappointed per se, and have decided to keep it to see whether my new hobby turns into something more long term... But if in a year or so I'm still as excitable as I am at the moment (saw Saturn last night for the first and was jumping around like a 6 year old) then I reckon there'll be some more money leaving my bank account!

Good vid by the way, good detail (way better than I've managed, but haven't attempted the Moon yet)... Just hope my SPC900 sorts itself out (although I reckon it's probably me being a spanner) so I can get some half decent vids and pictures!

The stability of the mount isn't great, the focus dials are far to stiff (meaning that sometimes when using a more powerful eyepiece that the thing has moved out of view due to the movement) and waiting for image to stabilise every time you go anywhere near it!

I'm not disappointed per se, and have decided to keep it to see whether my new hobby turns into something more long term... But if in a year or so I'm still as excitable as I am at the moment (saw Saturn last night for the first and was jumping around like a 6 year old) then I reckon there'll be some more money leaving my bank account!

Yes thats how i feel about it, i will stick with it for a year then get a better one. It is great for the moon but for the planets its really vague, the focusing can be very difficult cause of the tightness you end up moving the scope when you twist the turn screw.

Here is for next years scope:headbang:

Stuart

Archived