Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone lend a hand for a cuppa?

Hey Lunarjim

What seems to be the problem? Most of us have had problems with collimation and generally after the first time is fairly easy. The first time is a pig though.

Let us know what up and we should be able to help virtually. :)

Ant

Collimation is easy, take 1 lump hammer, and hit said scope as hard as you can!

It's a nightmare doing it for the first time, but it gets easier as you do it. I can do the Primary mirror easy now, it's the Secondary thats giving me jip!

These guys will help if you tell them your problem, they helped me superbly!

Kain

Thanks for all the + feedback. I think a lump hammer is a bit much though, much as I'd like too! It's a little hard to explain really but I'll try when I next get a clear night. Unless it's something you can do from the living room!

What Ant is trying to say is: Kill spider, get brother to collimate scope, :D:p

How do you know that I HATE spiders? Spooky :p

Steve is right, I usually do a rough collimation during daylight as it's a rough align - but being in the living room will help when you drop the allen key (which you will do).

Ant

Thanks for all the + feedback. I think a lump hammer is a bit much though, much as I'd like too! It's a little hard to explain really but I'll try when I next get a clear night. Unless it's something you can do from the living room!

You can do it in the living room, but minute tweaks might be necessary on a star.

Archived