Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Helen

SGL6 - Chat Thread

Ah ha, thats where I have been going wrong, been trying this Luna phasing with WAGON WHEELS :)

Oh dear Bob,your missus did pass comment that watching you eat wagon wheels was like watching a super-massive black hole devour stars......but more intense. ;)

Edited by SlipperySquid

Nowt wrong with Wagon Wheels...haven't had one for ages though.

Just picked up a tent they want me to do a review of. I think there maybe just enough room for me and my 600mm lens. 3 berth ???? very cosy lol

prodzoomimg779.jpg

Well if anyone needs to warm there toes I'm sure we will have plenty of room in our tent to come and warm up with a nice cup of tea!

And we'll give you all a couple of hours fun watching us put up the tent when we arrive, as its only our 2nd time of using it just hope its not raining and windy. :)

PS - I forgot to say, excluding the SQUIDDY BOY! you know who you are, you cant have our gimp friend that i keep in the back of the tent.

post-16160-133877530788_thumb.jpg

Edited by drummerp

Well if anyone needs to warm there toes I'm sure we will have plenty of room in our tent to come and warm up with a nice cup of tea!

And we'll give you all a couple of hours fun watching us put up the tent when we arrive, as its only our 2nd time of using it just hope its not raining and windy. :)

supposedly I can put my baby tent up in under 5 minutes.

That ain't gonna happen lmao

PS - I forgot to say, excluding the SQUIDDY BOY! you know who you are, you cant have our gimp friend that i keep in the back of the tent.

:)...I have signed up to a star party haven't !?

:)...I have signed up to a star party haven't !?

£15 a night is pretty cheap if you haven't ;)

edit: so I've heard .. cough

Edited by Photosbykev

Found the cheque book.. had todo some filing archeology, so that should be in the post tomorrow!

My list of shopping things are:

* Ground mat

* Storm cover for the tent (rain)

* Camping fridge (gas/electric)

* Camping stove (electric)

* blow up bed

* 16A -> 3x 3 pin power connector

* water containers

I'll need to check the tent is ok, last time it was used was way way back for the 24 hour race at the Nurberg Ring :)

I have already purchased ;) (getting my priorities right)

* 5L Summer Lightning party keg

* 40L kit of Wherry

I'm very tempted by one of those astrotents.. but at £175 I think that will be going to my gear fund :)

Edited by NickK

Mmmmmm...I wonder who you could mean ;).... Don't need your Gimps anyway :) the last one you brought was broken!

I also am bringing a new tent it's 5mx4m and will take two people 30mins to put up....I'm on my own...I think I may just sleep in the car. Then again, your's looks quite roomy! don't need a monkey butler do ya?

I'm sure there will be plenty of bodies around who will help out putting up tents.

Assuming it isn't raining and they haven't all disappeared down the pub :)

Looks like a catch the wind and blow away tent.

Not with Pete as ballast :)

Not with Pete as ballast ;)

Cheeky :):D but true.

Not a pop up tent unfortunately, but high enough to stand up in it.

If it is going to be stormy me and my tent won't be there.

Looks like a pop up then throw up tent! That's some garish colours going on there Pete! ;)

WHAT! garish tis lovely greens and pinks :);):)

At least I will be able to easily find it, and no more crawling in and out.

Now let me tell you about my old luminecent Pink Ski Bag.......

Edited by adamsp123

At least I will be able to easily find it, and no more crawling in and out.

Now let me tell you about my old luminace Pink Ski Bag.......

Awwww....we've got our very own Christopher Biggins ;) Don't turn up as widow twanky please :)

Cut a hole in the roof and you have an observatory!

Cut a hole in the roof, just big enough to poke the scope through.. to rotate stick feet through the bottom of the tent and pick it up :)

Didn't I read somewhere that some of you guys use toilet tents to put up around the scope when you go to sleep?

Regards

Chris

Funny you should say that, We picked our DOUBLE toilet tent up this week, (No I have not got a big Ar...... Bottom, OK maybe I have) Going to use it as a command center :)

By the way, we will be bringing a TWO MAN TENT for sale. Just incase there are any homeless astronomers about.