SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL6 - Chat Thread

Helen

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very gutted I'm going to be missing out.

The motorhome was about £350 (which aint bad) but with £600 worth of security deposits...it's wasn't going to happen. I want the comfort rather than trust my 5 year old untested tent.

Gutted as it looks awesome but I will make plans for the next one (or next March's event).

I expect to see lots of event photos, mind :)

I'm very gutted I'm going to be missing out.

The motorhome was about £350 (which aint bad) but with £600 worth of security deposits...it's wasn't going to happen. I want the comfort rather than trust my 5 year old untested tent.

Gutted as it looks awesome but I will make plans for the next one (or next March's event).

I expect to see lots of event photos, mind :)

Hi Sy,

They are only security deposits?

If they are then unless you are expecting to damage the motorhome you will get your money back. Or they often take a credit card swipe to do the same thing.

I obviously cannot speak for this specific one, only generally how they normally work.

Best regards

Chris

It's more that we haven't got £600 to spare on top of everything else :)

Hi Sy,

I have obviously done a bad job of trying to explain.

You shouldn't have to pay out the money if they accept a credit card. What they do is swipe it for 1p then if anything goes wrong they take the money, up to £600.

Fairly normal practice at restaurants.

Might be worth asking if you really want to hire it.

Best regards

Chris

Thanks Chris but I'm aware on how deposits work lol :)

But they're not all card swipes like hotels. These ones take the cash and refund "up to 2 weeks after return". It's actually normal for van and car hire. ;)

It's just a no go.

Next year I'll have myself a cracking tent and come down in the motor as I initially expected to. *thumbs up*

Thanks Chris but I'm aware on how deposits work lol :)

But they're not all card swipes like hotels. These ones take the cash and refund "up to 2 weeks after return". It's actually normal for van and car hire. ;)

It's just a no go.

Next year I'll have myself a cracking tent and come down in the motor as I initially expected to. *thumbs up*

Hi Sy,

No worries my friend. I have hired vehicles and they just do the swipe, I guess they all work differently.

Look foward to seeing you. I will be in the RV - Sorry! - so you won't miss me!

Best regards

Chris

I think the place near me that I was hiring from isn't as up-to-date with the times as most :)

I can't believe how awesome they are these days (Motor homes) ;)

I could have bought a newer tent, I suppose, for a lot cheaper...but I'd need to test it. Hmmm...

..........I can't believe how awesome they are these days (Motor homes) :)...........

So true with some.

You could buy a nice little house for what mine cost when new!

Usually bought by retired folk or those like me who have their own business and use it to get away at weekends. Generalisation of course.

Regards

Chris

Archived