548140465_Animationchallenge.jpg.32379dfa6f3bf4bba537689690df680e.jpg

SGL6 - Chat Thread

Helen

So does this mean there will actually be a telescope out on Lulu's pitch? That will be a first! :)

What's one of those? :(

I much prefer letting a strapping man do all the hefting and gadgety-giggery-pokery (it makes him feel all important) and then I can swan up to the eyepiece and reap the benefits...:D

As long as I feed him bacon sandwiches, Ian will be happy enough to do the donkey work.;)

(You didn't hear that of course, Ian...)

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as I feed him bacon sandwiches, Ian will be happy enough to do the donkey work.

Is this true that you and Ian have carpet in your tent??!!!!

And this wasn't just when you set it up in your lounge?

Edited by Luke

Booked for Thursday - Saturday nights. Cheque will be in the post tomorrow.

I have attended 3 Kielder star parties but this will be the first that doesn't involve a 500 mile round trip (sounds like a Proclaimers song).

Oh yes, expensive day for me, took delivery of the Evostar 150 I've had my eye on for the last few months.

Oh yes.

Snug toes, warm feet...happy faces. :)

Outwell Virginia 5 Carpet - Tents | Camping Tents

Nice Rug..... I mean carpet lulu !!

very similar to the carpet we have for our new tent although I think ours is of a beige colour, wont really notice colour when the red lights are on, and no not those type of red lights. :(

Looking forward to party again this year.

cheers

Neil

The kettles always on at my tent.....

I'll look out for you when I get there Greg. :(

Mods; I've put down I dont mind sharing a pitch/electric as I have a VW van / surf bus / big bed in the back type thing! I won't be putting up the awning so will only need space to park my metal tent and set up my scope, but I'm now wondering how we'd go about sharing electric exactly??

Its just a thought but with all the talk of fan heaters and oil filled rads ( I have both!) not to mention laptops & goto's etc won't we run the risk of overloading and end up just tripping the pitch supply if trying to run two of everything?

I'll look out for you when I get there Greg. :(

Mods; I've put down I dont mind sharing a pitch/electric as I have a VW van / surf bus / big bed in the back type thing! I won't be putting up the awning so will only need space to park my metal tent and set up my scope, but I'm now wondering how we'd go about sharing electric exactly??

Its just a thought but with all the talk of fan heaters and oil filled rads ( I have both!) not to mention laptops & goto's etc won't we run the risk of overloading and end up just tripping the pitch supply if trying to run two of everything?

The site is well equipped with electricity points, so we're hoping we won't need to share, but as you say we may need to be careful on the capacity if its really cold and clear!

Helen

Amanda and I are booked from Thursday night to Monday morning.

I was hoping to have the 20 inch dob ready, but finances mean that the project's on hold for the moment.

We aren't bringing Nelson though....he's a bit much at a big star party!!

Rob.

As opposed to getting unofficially excited!! ... have been looking forward to this since Kelling last year. I wonder how much extra stuff I can get in the car this year?

HehHeh!, that car of yours is a mini Tardis,

the stuff you cram into it :(.

Amanda and I are booked from Thursday night to Monday morning.

I was hoping to have the 20 inch dob ready, but finances mean that the project's on hold for the moment.

We aren't bringing Nelson though....he's a bit much at a big star party!!

Rob.

Aw. Shucks!. No Nelson, it won't be the same.

11.gif

Ron.:(

Booked for Friday and Saturday night...

I am bringing my two boys (James 13 Josh 10) who will try out the annual competion again.

Will bring my 20 x 80 bins and new fancy manfrotto tripod....Cheap nasty tesco tripod will also come and is free to a good home!

Electric hook up this year (for the nintendo DSi of course).

I will have a list of my unseen galaxies to try to see using someones 16 incher..

Mark

Are we allowed to bring Dogs, and is if we are is there anybody else bringing along

a 4 legged companion.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I think this was mentioned and the answer is yes.

We will be bringing our Border Collie, Meg.

POR_5081smaller.jpg

Best regards

Chris

Cheers Chris, we'll bring Jasmine & Loki then.

Would enclose pics but haven't worked out

how to yet...

Ian :(

This is what the campsite says:

Well behaved dogs are also welcome at Lucksall but MUST be kept on a lead at all times whilst on the park, exercised in the area provided and not allowed to foul the park.

...and obviously there needs to be extra care around the telescope equipment :).

Helen

oh man, its going to be awesome! Almost a full house of regulars, plus over excited new members and star party virgins... I can feel the buzz starting to rise already (or I have a dodgy earth wire on my PC!)

49 days to go!