Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL6 - Chat Thread

Helen

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to come but I can't make this one. I'm on nights shifts that weekend and have already used most of my annual leave on various commitments.

Am I a bit new to it all to come to one of these? I would have happily volunteered my scope for some to perform a collimating workshop on!!!:)

Maybe next year when I'm a bit more clued up.

No-one is too new for a Star Party, as long as you're interested you're qualified :( And actually, if you're a beginner, you'll learn the basics much more quickly with someone around to help and talk to you (which will save much frustration when on your own in your back garden!).

Helen

Noooo blame MG1 he made me say it !!! something about reverse physcobabbleolgy

:(

Looks like I'm going to have to twist some arms and try to re-arrange some hols for this one....if only to buy Kev a beer!

I'm booked Thursday to Saturday nights :)

Just got to i) tidy and clean the caravan and ii) decide what equipment to bring :(

Really looking forward to this - I've had a 100% record of clear nights at Starparties so far (all 3 of them !) - fingers crossed for SGL6.

Might look out some stuff for the "astro boot" table as well - saves trusting stuff to the tender mercies of the delivery services ;)

Booked all days.. will be sending a cheque as I don't trust PayPal/eBay with any financial information!

Booked a tent pitch with electricity. I thought I'd stick with being a bit selfish in taking all the pitch (4man tent) and electrical feed.. need the space as I snore. If it runs out of space I'll be tempted to give up some pitch for someone to put a tent up.

Just don't know the size of the pitch and if a car is parked on the pitch etc..

Will be making 25L of beer this week (although it looks like it's going to be a clear sky tonight - perfect lunar watching)

Booked Thursday through to Monday morning, but will probably be heading home Sunday (Always nice to have that extra night in case its clear!)

An 8 man tent and a whole bunch of stuff taking up room means not sharing a pitch. It also means that packing the focus hatchback (plus roofbox) is going to be a major job in itself :(

Well thats it, I've booked! Thu, Fri & Sat night, and put on the booking form that I'll be bringing along my son, so if he decides at the last minute to not come I get twice as much pub grub!! :(

After all the initial worry about 'fitting in' and being a 'noob' I'm actually quite excited now!!!

Booked and paid for thur, fri & sat nights.

Thisl be my 1st SGL bash and Im looking forward to it.

I finally managed to get my main kit all working together again last night after a major problem with mount electrics so hopefully weather permitting I may actually get to image at a star party. Never done it yet despite going to 4:D

Phil

Archived