SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL6 - Chat Thread

Helen

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Booked and payed for, Ive not booked meals yet as can not get hold of the mrs could i do this at a later date :)

You have the distinction of being first bookee Paul :(

Yes, you can book meals later.

Helen

Damn civil of you mate - that would be fantastic! Saves me £100 :(

When are you arriving? I may have to pop over for a coffee on the way home from work one evening and pick it up.

3 man tent = Me, my belly and lunch - perfect!

Ant

I must remember to pack my sun tan lotion

Don't be daft......take as much wet weather gear as possible!

Infact invest in a weatherstation and go with the aim of collecting cloud data....reverse psychology.

The more you invest in cloud observation kit the less there will....I've no DIRECT evidence to prove this hypothesis, but treads have been drawn from other similar observation based activities so I'm fairly certain this might work!

:(

Michael

Don't be daft......take as much wet weather gear as possible!

Infact invest in a weatherstation and go with the aim of collecting cloud data....reverse psychology.

The more you invest in cloud observation kit the less there will....I've no DIRECT evidence to prove this hypothesis, but treads have been drawn from other similar observation based activities so I'm fairly certain this might work!

:(

Michael

so wellies, waterproofs and umbrella are a must have then. I was being stupid, obviously sun tan cream won't be needed if it rains for 6 days :) I might leave all the kit behind and bring a weatherstation, it might be interesting to have anyway while watching the clouds lol

Well the last 2 SP's at this site have given me the most solar observing to date in any one day and a few people (me included) wish we had brought sun lotion because we all got sunburn.....

Hoping to being some new toys for that this year...!

I would love to come but I can't make this one. I'm on nights shifts that weekend and have already used most of my annual leave on various commitments.

Am I a bit new to it all to come to one of these? I would have happily volunteered my scope for some to perform a collimating workshop on!!!:(

Maybe next year when I'm a bit more clued up.

Archived