Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL6 Star Party - Booking now open

Helen

Helen,

Is there space for one more (subject to getting the 1st April off work) with electric for two nights (1st and 2nd April) ? Also is the £2.50 charge for electric a one off or per night ?

I've booked for the peak star party in October, but basically can't wait..... :glasses1:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent... just need to book the Friday and possibly the Monday off work.... Request will be submitted 1st thing !

Ohhh yessss ! - holiday form submitted, and accepted :):o

Have booked three nights - Friday - Sunday inc

Looking forward to meeting you guys, learning loads and lets hope clear skies every night.

We'll have a welcome tent where you'll need to check in on arrival and then choose your pitch. We'll have a pitch map available which we'll keep updated so that you can see who's pitched where.

Helen

We'll have a welcome tent where you'll need to check in on arrival and then choose your pitch. We'll have a pitch map available which we'll keep updated so that you can see who's pitched where.

Helen

Thanks Helen

Helen

So first dibs :) on a spot... I know the site is keep to put us long term bods on hard ground.

Hi Bob, I think the procedure will to be allocated a pitch on arrival.....

Hi Jamie,

I mentioned before booking that I will need a hard standing pitch, obviously as booked with electric. 7 1/2 tons of motorhome, means a problem if on grass :) Hope that is still OK.

Best regards

Chris

As Mike says Chris, no problem. We've got some 'normal' hardstanding pitches alongside the rally field allocated to us, so I was thinking one of those might be the best option for you for your RV.

Helen

Hi,

Looks like a cold one this year??

Hope it warms up a bit!!

Nice site though if it is the same location as last year.

Need to get a rapid order in for a dew heater for the 8 inch....

Not used to non dome operation. Should be interesting (If not amusing for all the experienced portable operators.) Now when was the last time I did an alignment? I guess the last time someone banged into the weights on the mount!!:)

Looking forward to it.

John

Hi There! I am very new and will be buying a telescope in the next two weeks! (The Skywatcher Explorer 150p EQ3 - 2) Would this weekend be a good way for me to get used to using my new telescope with help and advice from other more experienced enthusiasts? or is this weekend mainly for very advanced astronomers?? :)

I cant think of a better way to get started that at a star party. A great range of expeinece means you have teh experts and the first timers in the same place at the same time. Take your pick of who to talk to (just be aware that if it is clear, most people will get a bit busy as the sun goes down)

Hi There! I am very new and will be buying a telescope in the next two weeks! (The Skywatcher Explorer 150p EQ3 - 2) Would this weekend be a good way for me to get used to using my new telescope with help and advice from other more experienced enthusiasts? or is this weekend mainly for very advanced astronomers?? :)

This is EXACTLY what you need! There's a wealth of info you can get from everyone. So much in fact I suggest you concentrate on the basics and what you need to get started to ask specific questions. (Mind you, just listening to everything is fun too!)

Bring a pad and pen and even a dictaphone or some other recording equipment if you feel you will need it. Photos of equipment and set-ups are good too.

When you get back home, put it all into action as soon as you can before you forget. Or at least that's what I try to do as my memory's awful! I also have an astronomy file I write things up in, in my own words.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Alex(andra) Browne

A lot has happened in the past week or so. Tent and sleeping bag arrived and we've just got back from a 25 mile round trip visiting a large camping outlet. Now have a self inflating bed, fold up table, tent light (easy to modify for red lighting) and a power hook up cable with RCD unit..... wallet is £70 lighter !!

I already have a stove, so now I'm almost done with the basics... I'm going to put the tent up this afternoon to trial run it and see what it all looks like :)

Archived