Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Helen

SGL6 Star Party - Booking now open

Not Rooney is it George? - sorry shouldn't gloat after last result but we Wolves fans don't have much to gloat about. :)

Mike

:(

I've been speaking to the campsite today and one small issue has come to light. They are a bit concerned about longer-term camping on their grass so early in the season. They've asked therefore that anyone wanting to stay in a tent for more than 4 nights either pitch on a hardstanding (its not actually 'hard' but pea gravel) or shift their tent a bit after 4 nights (no need to move pitch or completely re-site the tent). So far we've got 7 hardy souls who are booked for 5 nights or more. If this causes anyone a problem can you PM me please and we can discuss options.

The good news is that they've now allocated us some more pitches, so capacity is around 100 pitches (of which around 60 are booked so far).

Thanks

Helen

I'd be happy on the pea gravel assuming I can hammer the tent pegs in, at least the scope won't sink into the ground. Or I can lift the tent up and move it a few feet, either way doesn't bother me.

Thanks Kev.

H

no problem as long as there isn't a 15 foot high RV both sides of me!

Edited by Photosbykev

Booked! This is my third SGL party and I can't wait! :(:hello2::)

Alexxx

Don't forget your chair this time. ;)

And I thought I was being STEALTHY :(

You've crept up on me more than once Bob :) It'll be great to see you and Trish again.

Hi Helen,

We have a large tent which would be really difficult to pitch on the hard standing area, tried this last year at another campsite and in the end we got moved to a grassed pitch. We are only staying for 4 night, Wed - sun I'm assuming, we will be ok to stay on a grassed pitch?

Many Thanks

Neil

I've been speaking to the campsite today and one small issue has come to light. They are a bit concerned about longer-term camping on their grass so early in the season. They've asked therefore that anyone wanting to stay in a tent for more than 4 nights either pitch on a hardstanding (its not actually 'hard' but pea gravel) or shift their tent a bit after 4 nights (no need to move pitch or completely re-site the tent). So far we've got 7 hardy souls who are booked for 5 nights or more. If this causes anyone a problem can you PM me please and we can discuss options.

The good news is that they've now allocated us some more pitches, so capacity is around 100 pitches (of which around 60 are booked so far).

Thanks

Helen

I'm booked!

Didn't think I'd make it this year, but going to be there Sat - Tues am.

Just a short note to say thanks to everyone involved in organising this... you're doing a grand job! :-)

See you there Shane :(

I'm booked for thurs + fri + sat nights.

defo matey! a Mother's Day return for me.....

Booked and paid for here, I have booked up to and including the Saturday night as I'm trying to sort out with work so I can have the Monday off as well! If I can get the Monday off, will I able to book the extra day at a later point? (Needed to book so I could secure a place!! as they seem to be going fast!)

Thanks

Matt.

Thurs/Fri/Sat booked, dunno about meals yet as I'll have an extra teletubbie with me this year :(

hi George as we live close to each other, I'll watch out for you! Will be brilliant to meet all the names and put faces to them :)

No problem Matt. Just do it as an extra independent booking - I'll combine it with your previous one.

Mike

Booked and paid for here,

I was just about to send you a reminder!!! Looking forward to seeing you again and discussing world polittics. Our middle east strategy isn't working to well.:(

Bill.:)

I was just about to send you a reminder!!! Looking forward to seeing you again and discussing world polittics. Our middle east strategy isn't working to well.:(

Bill.;)

Just got in from a 16 hour shift...and that made me laugh :) Looking forward to seeing you all again! I'm sure we'll be able to put the world right in the end!

Love

Gorbachev. (The only leader I know with a slap head)

Edited by SlipperySquid

I'd be happy on the pea gravel assuming I can hammer the tent pegs in, at least the scope won't sink into the ground. Or I can lift the tent up and move it a few feet, either way doesn't bother me.

Helen, I've been offered a tent if I do a review on it but it is a compact 3 berth model with no room for a mattress or campbed so I will be sleeping on a thermarest mat. I will need to go back onto a grass pitch and move the tent around the pitch 1/2 way through the week. Sleeping on pea gravel would be a killer lol

Edited by Photosbykev