Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL6 Star Party - Booking now open

Helen

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been speaking to the campsite today and one small issue has come to light. They are a bit concerned about longer-term camping on their grass so early in the season. They've asked therefore that anyone wanting to stay in a tent for more than 4 nights either pitch on a hardstanding (its not actually 'hard' but pea gravel) or shift their tent a bit after 4 nights (no need to move pitch or completely re-site the tent). So far we've got 7 hardy souls who are booked for 5 nights or more. If this causes anyone a problem can you PM me please and we can discuss options.

The good news is that they've now allocated us some more pitches, so capacity is around 100 pitches (of which around 60 are booked so far).

Thanks

Helen

I'd be happy on the pea gravel assuming I can hammer the tent pegs in, at least the scope won't sink into the ground. Or I can lift the tent up and move it a few feet, either way doesn't bother me.

Hi Helen,

We have a large tent which would be really difficult to pitch on the hard standing area, tried this last year at another campsite and in the end we got moved to a grassed pitch. We are only staying for 4 night, Wed - sun I'm assuming, we will be ok to stay on a grassed pitch?

Many Thanks

Neil

I've been speaking to the campsite today and one small issue has come to light. They are a bit concerned about longer-term camping on their grass so early in the season. They've asked therefore that anyone wanting to stay in a tent for more than 4 nights either pitch on a hardstanding (its not actually 'hard' but pea gravel) or shift their tent a bit after 4 nights (no need to move pitch or completely re-site the tent). So far we've got 7 hardy souls who are booked for 5 nights or more. If this causes anyone a problem can you PM me please and we can discuss options.

The good news is that they've now allocated us some more pitches, so capacity is around 100 pitches (of which around 60 are booked so far).

Thanks

Helen

Booked and paid for here, I have booked up to and including the Saturday night as I'm trying to sort out with work so I can have the Monday off as well! If I can get the Monday off, will I able to book the extra day at a later point? (Needed to book so I could secure a place!! as they seem to be going fast!)

Thanks

Matt.

I was just about to send you a reminder!!! Looking forward to seeing you again and discussing world polittics. Our middle east strategy isn't working to well.:(

Bill.;)

Just got in from a 16 hour shift...and that made me laugh :) Looking forward to seeing you all again! I'm sure we'll be able to put the world right in the end!

Love

Gorbachev. (The only leader I know with a slap head)

I'd be happy on the pea gravel assuming I can hammer the tent pegs in, at least the scope won't sink into the ground. Or I can lift the tent up and move it a few feet, either way doesn't bother me.

Helen, I've been offered a tent if I do a review on it but it is a compact 3 berth model with no room for a mattress or campbed so I will be sleeping on a thermarest mat. I will need to go back onto a grass pitch and move the tent around the pitch 1/2 way through the week. Sleeping on pea gravel would be a killer lol

Archived