Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi, I'm Ian. Pleased to meet you all.

ianmwatson

Hi everyone, I joined the forums before Christmas but this is the first chance I've had to introduce myself. I live and work in Northern Ireland, but will be returning to somewhere in England or Scotland soon. I didn't join a club over in the Province as I don't have the evening available. Hopefully things will work out when I move.

I have had an interest in astronomy for as long as I can remember, but only seriously since the start of 1992. At this time I bought an Orion Optics LX200, it's an 8" F5.6 on a Super Polaris, the whole thing still goes strong. Last year I bought my second scope, a WO 80mm FD, and am constantly surprised by the excellent performance of it. After 15 years of my interest in astronomy I decided to treat myself to a nagler, I managed to snare a used one on another site. The 22mm type 4 is ready and waiting to go but sadly the weather won't let up.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Thanks for reading.

Archived