SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1st chance at saturn with my new scope

amyscott

putting my 130mm reflector down the bottom of my garden i finally tonight got to see saturn , was brilliantly crisp and even got to see titan and could see the gap btween the rings and the planet , i was really chuffed , hoping to image it later this month i hope

amy

x

I also saw Saturn for the first time last night... Went out pretty much as soon as I got home from work (half 9 or so), and was in and out all night! After 3 failed attempts at using the SkyAlign feature of my scope, I was reduced to moving it manually to get the object in field. Saturn blew me away, it was definitely sharp and the rings, appearing almost vertical to me, were the icing on the cake (although the Cassini Division eluded me. This time anyway). I also had a quick five minutes with the Sun just now and that looks awesome as well (although it'll be better when there's some feature to it... It's a little blank at the moment)!

Can't wait until Saturn gets higher in the sky at a more reasonable time of night... Easily the best thing I've seen!

Archived