Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with Star Alligning

I am using a Celestron 114 LCM which as you know has the goto facility and star allignment features. Until I decide exactly where is the best position within my garden to make a permanent station I am having to star allign everytime i use the scope. This is becoming a bit of a pain especially with the current weather. If I added the Skysync accessory to my scope, will this enable me to bypass the star allignment in order for me to track objects for use with my ccd camera and therefore not be too concerned where i place the telescope in my garden. All help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. P.s have just received a latest weather forcast from a met friend and apparently viewing tonight may be possible in the midlands from 8.30pm onwards, fingers crossed eh!!:)

The Skysync (the GPS accessory I'm presuming) will take care of the time and Location (Long/Lat) but does not do the alignment. I believe your goto will remember the location so only the time needs to be adjusted, so unless you intend to roam a lot with the scope the Skysync would be an expensive luxury.

I thought the alignment was needed each time you setup but if I'm wrong that would be good news for me too!

Archived