Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

3A power adapter (variable voltage) much cheaper than Maplins

astroimpulse

Hi all,

I thought I'd give a heads up to anyone who was looking for an adapter with a variable voltage output to power their usb hubs.

A member pointed to one from Maplins the other week but it was a little steep for me at £25 plus delivery. Great though as it gives 3A at 1.5/3/4.5/5/6/7.5/9/12V dc :)

Well I found the only place that does the same one (although OEM to their company) and it's only £9.99!!!! You have to have it via courier which adds another £6 but it's still a massive saving.

Caravan and Leisure In-Car Charger

I've waited until it arrived before mentioning it but it's a quality item. I'm thinking of hard-wiring it into my power box.

:)

Has anyone tried this in use ?? it does look good and the smoothed output seems like a great idea,

"(12V regulated output is only for 24V battery input)"

I have a 12v output already, but if you have to have 24v to get 12v...

I'm using one to drive a 7 port usb hub that, based on the supplied mains adaptor, requires 2.5A @ 5v.

It works well and it also displays the incoming battery voltage as well so can be used to monitor the main battery voltage

The 12v regulated output is only available if driven from a 24v supply

Kev, I think it was us two discussing it the other week? I dismissed it as too much then but the cheaper ones missed out 5V and were never 3A. So kudos for your first pointer :)

The 12V only being for 24V is kind of obvious. If you have a 12V supply then this isn't needed to regulate it to the same 12V. I guess they have to cover it though in the destructions :)

Rols has a good idea to save more. But even as is...it's still nearly a tenner cheaper.

Kev, I think it was us two discussing it the other week? I dismissed it as too much then but the cheaper ones missed out 5V and were never 3A. So kudos for your first pointer :)

The 12V only being for 24V is kind of obvious. If you have a 12V supply then this isn't needed to regulate it to the same 12V. I guess they have to cover it though in the destructions :)

Rols has a good idea to save more. But even as is...it's still nearly a tenner cheaper.

It was us discussing it ;) The 12v regulated is worth pointing out as some people might think they can get a regulated 12v from a car battery that might have over 13v on it.

Archived