Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL Start Party 3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just looked at the map. My God, do they speak English there? I'm not sure I should go anyplace I can't pronounce the town names. They don't use vowels much, do they?

It's the weekend after my Star Party in Pennsylvania,

Ironic that. I'm pretty sure a lot of Welsh people emigrated to Pennsylvania for the coal mining in the 19th century.

You might even find the odd Welsh speaker round there.

'W' in welsh is often used like a 'u' in english, hence some of the words look like they've got no vowels in.

Y also is often pronounced like an 'i'

Noswaith Da! :lol:

Impressive SteelRat :) Don't go mistaking me for a Welsh speaker though - I'm more Welsh aware

since its my homeland etc. Haven't studied it since school though.

BTW folks Noswaith Da (pronounced norse-w-eye-th dar) means 'good evening'

I just looked at the map. My God, do they speak English there? I'm not sure I should go anyplace I can't pronounce the town names. They don't use vowels much, do they?

It's the weekend after my Star Party in Pennsylvania,

Ironic that. I'm pretty sure a lot of Welsh people emigrated to Pennsylvania for the coal mining in the 19th century.

You might even find the odd Welsh speaker round there.

'W' in welsh is often used like a 'u' in english, hence some of the words look like they've got no vowels in.

Y also is often pronounced like an 'i'

Dyffycwlt langwage, then?

just a note though presumably it would be okay to come along with the family ??,ie i have a better chance of coming if i bring the oh as well (she can do a mean brekkie

Kai..

My family are on about coming so you won't be alone.... :lol:

Can we confirm the date due to the moon etc.....As I need to think about booking a pitch for the van as it's May Bank Holiday and half term week.

If my family come i'll have a serviced pitch....And i'll be with you lot in the field...You can still use my generator... :)

Haven't studied it since school though

Heh, nor I since college - did some sign making and it's all bilingual over there. Bought a dictionary and phrase book, learnt some bits; welcome to, good morning, dining room, gents, ladies etc. Thought it wise after the tellin off my landlord gave me about 'Yakky Da' (no such phrase thankyou very much Chadwell) :)

Nos Da!

Well since my first star party was completly cloudy I am seriously thing about this one. Been to Wales once before and its a lovely place, just need to find one of my mates who has a tent and some spare time! I am in Edinburgh so could also pick somebody up on the way south.

Sorry everyone, I am a complete do-nut!!

I forgot to check the moon for that weekend. Is everyone OK if we bring it forward to the 18th/19th, crescent moon, rising at around 4am?

Apologies, I'll go and have a word with myself!!!

Archived