SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Observations from Malaysia

Uranium235

Hiya,

Finally ive found a wifi spot that actually works!! Im currently in Malaysia visiting family for Chinese new year (an interesting experience!).

Before I arrived I expected the usual tale of SE Asia cities offering zero visibility.... but not here. Ive been pleasantly surprised by the amount of clear sky on offer. If only i had brought my scope & camera!! But it would have been a choice of either my scope or no clothes... so I opted for the clothes... lol. Wish I had a pair of bins though.

Its a bit freaky to see orion at the zenith, with Sirius also very high up. Though imaging would be a nightmare I reckon purely because of the heat (28 deg at night). Being this hot 24/7 really makes me appreciate the British winter.

Only a couple more days now before i return to my babies (ED80 and 314L+) :)

I used to Live there , In Johor Bahru. There was a guy who had a setup in roof of his house, the whole roof was roll off. I remember seeing Jupiter and it was really clear very surprised on how clear actually.

Enjoy the food, making me hungry now.

lol.... Ive had so much food im full to bursting, and the first two days of CNY was spent in a drunken stupor!

Im in Ipoh at the moment, will be in KL after tomorrow for my flight back. Except this time im booking a seat with extra legroom so theres no person in front to put their flaming seat back into my face and crush my knees! :)

Gotta say though, the fireworks were awesome... very loud, slightly illegal (the big long red firecrackers) and a health and safety nightmare!

Gong xi fa cai!! :)

Archived