Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

flounce

Hi All....and apologies

Hi All,

I bought a telescope last Monday - which is obviously the reason we've had high winds and cloud in this part of the country (Bedfordshire) ever since :)

I'm extremely new to astronomy until now only recognising Orion's belt - I've never even looked through an astronomical telescope so I hope I've made the right decision purchasing a Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT.

I was fortunate enough to see the reported meteor last December 8 at about 5.50pm on my way home from work - I was aware of a fast moving green streak whizzing past my car at an odd angle but thought it was a reflection of my dashboard lights - it wasn't until a couple of days later that I saw reports about it on the internet and knew that must have been what I saw.

I've had one eye on the sky ever since! :)

Hi Flounce and welcome to SGL from another Newbie, I don't think you can take all the blame for the weather as I only got my scope 9 days ago, so my 2 weeks of poor conditions aren't finished yet!

Cheers

Ted

Edited by EcoTed

Greeting Flounce and welcome. SGL is a fantastic resource with so many helpful members that you can spend the cloudy nights boning up on your new hobby.

From one newbie to another, welcome! I also saw that green meteor, it was a great sight!! Twitter went mad that day with lots of people that spotted it.

Hi Flounce and welcome to the forum, I purchased the same scope too, had a good time viewing with it. Have you downloaded Stellarium yet? great program to check the sky in your area.