SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cone to Rosette in HaRGB

ollypenrice

This is a provisional attempt because I bodged the framing of the second Ha panel and missed a bit, so that is tonight taken care of! I also need more Ha anyway but this has two hours per panel.

Canon EF200L lens, Atik 4000 mono for Ha and OSC for colour.

Ha subs 15 mins, colour subs a mix of 5 and 10. The latter turned out to be better but I was new to the lens.

Olly

1178011112_8HpnY-X3.jpg

At this rate you will have entirely panelled out the entire Northern Hemisphere by the end of Summer :)

This wonderful... lovely detail and I like the needle sharp stars..

Out of interest what aperture was the lens set to?

At this rate you will have entirely panelled out the entire Northern Hemisphere by the end of Summer :)

This wonderful... lovely detail and I like the needle sharp stars..

Out of interest what aperture was the lens set to?

Thanks Guy(s)

It was at f3.5 but since the stars were identically round across the chip I might go for half a stop faster next time. Great fun!!

This is a different processing:

1178234480_v4Rid-X2.jpg

Wounder.... always a shame to turn your back on clear skies :)

Ouch, I know. My hero EE Barnard would't have done it but I have been out all night for most of the last two weeks. Poor excuse, I know. Oh dear, moral doghouse...

Olly

Archived